Pro duo - Front camera producing corrupted video, rear camera OK

glitchyvideo

This has been an issue for a few months now, only just getting around to finding a solution.

After about 2-3 months of using my Viofo A129 Pro Duo the front camera recordings started glitching and are now pretty much unusable - regular full screen glitching like this 12 second screengrab. Eventually the video crashes whatever software I use to play them.

However, the rear camera recordings are perfect with no issue at any point.

Because the rear camera records OK, I'm leaning towards this being a hardware rather than software/SD card issue. Should I keep cycling through SD cards - try and find an authentic Sandisk maybe - or just send this back to Viofo? Haven't seen others with the same issue online.

The front camera video preview on the screen is perfectly fine as well so I don't think it's an error with the image sensor per se.

Things I have tried:

• Have tried Samsung Pro Endurance and WD Purple Surveillance 128/256GB cards with every variety of formatting (on computer, in device, FAT32, exFAT...), no errors on cards when tested with h2testw
  • Issue has persisted regardless of disabling parking mode
  • Issue persists on firmware 2.1
  • Issue persists even if recording outside of car with unit connected to powerbank, tried different cables
  • Issue persists regardless of video resolution and bitrate

Appreciate any advice.