Problems with 1.6, Downgrade to 1.2 again?

tandy1104

Good evening,

I have an A139 3 channel dashcam for a while now and I am very happy with it. From factory firmware version 1.2 was installed, I use on my iPhone the latest version of the software.

Yesterday I installed the latest version 1.6. Unfortunately, since then I have some problems:

• The announcement "Recoding three channel started" appears much later than usual.
  • In the iPhone app I can see only 2 cameras under the settings "Resolution". I can choose between "1440P 60fps + 1080P 30fps" and "1440P 30fps + 1080P 30fps". I believe that before the update, all 3 cameras were visible, so "1440P 30fps + 1080P 30fps + 1080P 30fps". Am I remembering wrong or is this a bug?
  • When I exit the settings in the iPhone app I get the prompt "Recording three channel started - Video protected". But I have not locked the video. Why does this happen automatically? This happens every time I exit the menu - end every time I have three locked videos (front, rear, int).
  • Today I drove the first time since the update. The camera saved only videos from the front and rear cameras. Although the announcement "Recording three channel started" appears, only 2 cameras were recorded.
  • I locked 1 video today while driving. I pressed the button to lock about 4 seconds after an event. Unfortunately, I noticed that only the video AFTER the lock was actually locked. The recording, which I actually wanted to lock, was not locked....

Is there a possibility to get version 1.2 again? With this I was satisfied. As long as the problems mentioned are not fixed, I would like to use the full scope of 1.2 again.

Thank you and best regards
Andreas

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello Andreas,

Thanks for your feedback! Would you like to share a picture of the resolution setting and a shoot of the situation that the dashcam announce Video protected when exiting the app? Then I'll send that to the engineer to check those problems. Thanks in advance!

And I'm attaching the firmware V1.2 for you.

Attachments

tandy1104

Hello,

here is a screenshot of the resolution setting and a video where you can hear "Recording three channel started - Video protected".

However, I have one more comment.
I had written at the beginning that this always happens when I close the settings in the app. However, that is not the case. In my testing today, I found that the error does not occur every time. Sometimes, on the other hand, it occurs without me opening and closing the settings. So I just stopped recording in the app - and shortly after that it automatically restarted and also protected the video.

Furthermore, today I noticed that while driving some videos were locked. I didn't lock these video myself and while driving I didn't get any accutstic notice. I only discovered it by accident in the app that some videos were locked.

I reinstalled version 1.2 from you after my tests, thanks for that! Unfortunately, the dashcam does not work properly at all with it:
  • when I turn on wifi it works basically, I get the announcement that WiFi has started and the WiFi light flashes - but my phone no longer finds the wifi.
  • In between, the record lamp goes off - shortly after on again and I get the announcement "Recording three channel started".
Therefore I have now installed the version 1.6 again and have to live with the bugs for the time being. However, I would be happy if this version is soon improved so that it works at least as my 1.2 worked at the beginning. :)

Thank you and best regards
Andreas

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the information! Can you please confirm what firmware version is your A139 on? Then we'll check that version later. Thanks in advance!

tandy1104

Good morning,

at the moment it is „VIOFO_A139_V1.6_1028“.
My iPhone has the App Version 2.3.

Best regards
Andreas

tandy1104

Good evening,

I also installed a dashcam in our other car on Saturday. Here, too, I have chosen a Viofo A139 3CH.
This one has the firmware "VIOFO_A139_V1.5_0916" installed from factory.

Basically this firmware works very well :). But again, I'm wondering about the video resolution selection in the app:

"1440P 60fps + 1080P 30fps" or
"1440P 30fps + 1080P 30fps"

If I understood it correctly, the 60fps should not be possible at all in 3CH mode. That's why I seem to remember that the original 1.2 in my first car had the following selection:

"1440P 30fps + 1080P 30fps + 1080P 30fps".

The following information is from the Viofo homepage (60fps only in 2CH-mode).
A139 2CH:
Video Resolution: Front: Quad HD (2560 x 1440P 60fps) ; Rear: Full HD (1920 x 1080P 30fps);

A139 3CH:
Video Resolution: Front: Quad HD (2560 x 1440P 30fps) ; Interior: Full HD (1920 x 1080P 30fps); Rear: Full HD (1920 x 1080P 30fps);

Attached are screenshots of the second A139 with the 1.5 firmware:

By the way, I have now installed the Viofo app on my wife's iPhone and tested it with that as well. It is exactly the same behavior as on my iPhone.

Many thanks and best regards
Andreas

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Andreas, thanks! We had a test on this problem and confirmed it. The engineer is analyzing that.

tandy1104

Hello,

My iPhone has a new version of the Viofo software installed (2.4 instead of 2.3).
This gives me the following resolution choices for both A139 cameras (in both cars):

2K + FHD + FHD
FHD + FHD + FHD

Selected was FHD + FHD + FHD.

Now I have just performed an update to V1.6_0106. The choices are identical, but 2K + FHD + FHD is now set by default.

Question:
What frames/second are hiding behind the specifications? Is it all 30fps, or are 60fps possible with any of the options?

Thanks and best regards
Andreas

Capture Your Action

60 is only possible with 2 channels. Once you plug the 3rd channel in, you loose the 60fps option.

tandy1104

So both resolutions (2K + FHD + FHD and FHD + FHD + FHD) are 30/30/30 fps?