Reset Camera to Factory Defaults doesn't work as expected.

BigBillSD

A129 Duo with 2.2 firmware. I have noticed some odd things going on with the dashcam and decided to reset it back to factory defaults and start over. Did the pin hole reset for 5 seconds and after not everything wiped, tried holding for 10 seconds. Both put some things back to their default, but not all, like the WiFi SSID/PW AP settings were still there. Also the Station Mode WiFi settings were also still there. (and station mode has never connected to my local WiFi, but thats for a future thread) I also tried using the iPhone app, Reset Camera Setting, it acted the same. Most things went to default but not all. Anyone know how to fully factory default these cameras? The reason, WiFi settings often get set back to OFF and I have to constantly go back and turn on. I am setting it to 5ghz Auto. But it does the same for 2.4Ghz if I had chosen that one.
-Bill

Capture Your Action

The hard reset button on the side of the camera simply power cycles the camera and clears the internal memory buffer (I believe). To reset to default, you need to use the default setting in the cameras menu. I would do this on the camera itself, not through the app.

BigBillSD

The hard reset button on the side of the camera simply power cycles the camera and clears the internal memory buffer (I believe). To reset to default, you need to use the default setting in the cameras menu. I would do this on the camera itself, not through the app.
Neither the small hole on the side of the camera marked with an "R" (for reset) nor the menu item Default Setting run from the small view screen made any difference. The camera is not fully wiped. When I turned on the WiFi again it already had my non default SSID & Password in it. How would you wipe this thing to sell to someone else if needed? I can't seem to wipe it clean to start over. UGH. -Bill

Capture Your Action

Neither the small hole on the side of the camera marked with an "R" (for reset) nor the menu item Default Setting run from the small view screen made any difference. The camera is not fully wiped. When I turned on the WiFi again it already had my non default SSID & Password in it. How would you wipe this thing to sell to someone else if needed? I can't seem to wipe it clean to start over. UGH. -Bill
Reinstall the firmware.