Resetting The A129 & A119 Dash Cam CPL Filter

Systeman

There's lots of video on YouTube on how to adjust (if really neccessary) the CPL filter in its housing. Most involve a lot of faffing about.

My Son though came up with the most simple way to adjust the filter and I recomment it if it's really neccessary.

1. sit in the car and hold the plastic filter holder in the same (horizontal and with the large filter slot on top) orientation it will be mounted on the lens.
  2. looking through the filter from its rear mountable position, identify any dashboard relection on the front windscreen.
  3. wearing a pair of nitrile gloves grip the filter firmly and rotate it left or right to neutralise any reflection as much as possible. Test by rotating the filter holder 90 degrees, the identified reflection should reappear and almost dissapear again when rotated back.
  4. clean the filter.
  5. double check and finely adjust if neccessary, re-clean and mount it onto the lens.
Voila!

Doing it this way will save a lot of time.

Last edited:

Eyespy

Systeman, and can honestly say yours is the best method by far simpler and it works.
Completely agree with you I’ve gone through far too many rubbish and time wasting ideas on setting these up.
Thanks for your input mate.