Same problems as everyone.

Her Dawdaw

I have experienced the same problems as everyone here, then NOT, then they come back. Reformatting sd card, reinstalling firmware, and doing camera hard reset helps, but I still get tons of parking files while sitting at home with nothing moving around the car. I have many hours every day for weeks invested chasing my tail and am finally realizing that opting for a dashcam with parking feature was not a good decision. I even replaced the hardwire kit after the camera went off and I discovered the red indicator light on battery switch quit lighting up even with needle probe in wires showed proper voltage at proper operating modes (bat and ignition) and excellent ground.

Her Dawdaw

,, and am finally realizing that opting for a dashcam with parking feature was not a good decision.
I think the pro duo is actually a good decision for vehicle cameras. 2 accessory failures defy belief and cause frustrations upon frustrations. Maybe the third HK3 will be the charm.

Capture Your Action

What was the measured voltage at the fuse for the red wire when the red LED inside the HK3 was not lit? What did you have the kit set to?

Her Dawdaw

What was the measured voltage at the fuse for the red wire when the red LED inside the HK3 was not lit? What did you have the kit set to?
At the fuse and in the wires were 12.8, or whatever level the battery was at that time. I set the switch to the 11.? Setting, and tried it at higher cutoff voltages. Both HK3 sets seemed to operate correctly in their roles until they went dark, and never came back on.

Her Dawdaw

I have read online, from a different forum’s discussion, that the kit had to be reset after it interrupts power by turning on ignition then off, then back on. Another said to remove power by pulling fuses and reinstalling. I even tried those things with but switch indicator light remained off and pro duo remained powerless.

Her Dawdaw

I received my 3rd HK3 kit. This one from VIOFO directly. The other two were from Amazon and both went dark after working for weeks (first one), and days (second one) and ceased to provide voltage to the a129 pro duo. I’m a bit gun shy to do a clean tucked install, so I just soft installed this one for now. So far it’s functioning perfectly, like the other 2 did.LOL! I’ll report back.

Can someone explain the parking timer setting. It’s settings range like 2hr, 4hr, 8hr, 12hr, 24hr, etc?. If I set it at 4hr, does the camera quit recording after 4 hrs time, even if no event happens, or after 4 hrs of video? After 4 hr, could this shut down the battery switch on the HK3?

Karagandinez

If you set the parking timer to 4 hours, then after 4 hours your DVR will turn off, but not the HK3.
HK3 will turn off only when the battery reaches the set voltage cutoff.

Her Dawdaw

If you set the parking timer to 4 hours, then after 4 hours your DVR will turn off, but not the HK3.
HK3 will turn off only when the battery reaches the set voltage cutoff. [\QUOTE]

Thank you. I thought that, but after having indicator light on 2 HK3 kits go dark, never to return, I was not that certain.

Her Dawdaw

New HK3, everything seemed fine driving and parking. At home this morning, the dash cam was off, no lights. HK3 switch set to cut off at 11.8 shutoff position. I turned the ignition switch on and dashcam came on in recording mode as per for driving mode. Switch off, it went to parking mode. Looks like the ignition on, then off, brought power back to the camera. there were only 2 parking videos, which was promising,

Before starting the car, I checked fuse and battery voltage and both over 12 volts (12.18). The fuse read 0.01 (12.17) volt lower than the battery, but that could have been my probe getting ground from steel bolt rather than lead battery post.

I didn’t check the indicator light on the HK3 when camera was off but will next time. Wondering why the camera turned off?

This morning, I placed a wireless camera inside my car so I could watch the dashcam lights and keep a check on what’s happening. I discovered it was recording a lot of parking footage. My settings are Event Detection, first I tried medium G sensor then changed to Low sensitivity. It still kept recording every few minutes. Wind is stiff but I’m mostly protected from it. Placed a wine goblet with water in it on the dash, in view of my wireless camera to see if the car was shaking. I couldn’t see it moving but the dash cam kept shooting video every minute or two. So I turned off parking mode until winds are calm. But if it’s the wind which won’t even move the water, the sensitivity setting for the G sensor needs to have a couple of more Lower setting positions. Event Detection seems super sensitive even set to Low. And hopefully “High” means more sensitive and “Low” means it won’t detect as much.

If it don’t get any better in parking mode, I’ll just rip the HK3 out and use the USB in the cigarette lighter socket. I know it will record for 2 days and nights with car sitting in the yard without weakening the battery below good cranking power. Most of my parking mode needs are just when out for the day shopping or carpooling. I can just record full time till I get home, then pull the USB adapter till I have to go somewhere. But I’m hoping to not have to fall back on that. More coming as I stumble into it. Maybe it will help others with similar problems rather than confuse.

Her Dawdaw

I didn’t check the indicator light on the HK3 when camera was off but will next time. Wondering why the camera turned off? [\QUOTE]
DuH! I had it set to record for 8 hrs in parking mode. It did it’s job.

Her Dawdaw

After a few days with parking mode off due to moderate breezes being suspect in causing constant recording in Event Detection with low sensitivity set. Past 2 nights, no breeze and no videos in parking mode. The existing “lowest sensitivity” setting is not quite low enough for minor breezes, so keep that in mind when pulling your hair out. The biggest problem with these devices is understanding, and that comes with pulling hair out. The HK3 harness is working rock solid, the a129 pro duo is operating perfectly. I still have the occasional problem connecting the app or viewing or downloading a video, but it seems it may be related to the human being a bit too fast for the digital process. I just start over and go slower. My procedure is to turn on WiFi on the camera, then go to my phone settings and turn on airport mode, then go to WiFi list and click the viofo camera link. It normally connects quickly if it’s not already automatically connected. Then I click the app to “Connect Camera”. Taking my time after turning camera WiFi on seemed to make my life happier, and saves some hair pulling. Now, a new firmware update? Oh boy!

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
If you use Auto event detection mode, the rear camera is very sensitive, even there is a light change may cause the camera recording. But anyone have recorded is better than nothing recorded.

Her Dawdaw

If you use Auto event detection mode, the rear camera is very sensitive, even there is a light change may cause the camera recording. But anyone have recorded is better than nothing recorded.
I didn’t realize that, thanks. It would be nice if a firmware update could add a lower sensitivity setting below Low. I just set my parking mode timer for 4 hours, just to keep from filling the memory card with locked data. I also reformat the sd card in the camera via the app regularly. I just got a new iPhone 13, and now the Viofo app works like it’s hardwired to the pro duo. Every download request steadily downloads to the phone without pauses. With my old iPhone 11, downloads were a bit rare. It would pause, start back downloading, pause, and usually time out and I’d have to start over and most times just give up. I was sure that if I needed a video at the scene of an incident, I’d have to copy from the sd card with a computer. The old phone and app hated each other. It’s now an amazing dash cam experience.

Her Dawdaw

If you use Auto event detection mode, the rear camera is very sensitive, even there is a light change may cause the camera recording.
I have verified that fact it appears. Zero parking videos after dark, only during daylight times, so wind is apparently not causing false Event Detection videos.