SanDisk High Endurance issue

tsh23

I have three a119v3 dashcams. Two new cards (one 32, one 64gb) having the same issue. The cam will beep randomly (write error?) and restart another recording file, resulting in a loss of around 10 seconds of footage. Tried everything: h2w check was normal, full format using sdformatter etc to no avail. I think the dashcam doesn't play well with SanDisk High Endurance cards.

tomer_rozevich

i think its a bad SD card
i stick with samsung Pro Endurance

in a home security camera i use the 64gb sd almost a 6 months
and no issue , its a good card for Dash Camera

i need to get soon A119 V3 and a A129 PLUS
both of them get the 128gb samsung that i order from amazon on a fair price

just do not touch sanDisk one

Capture Your Action

SanDisk High Endurance are good cards. I’ve seen more users have issues with the Samsung Pro Endurance cards than the SanDisk High Endurance cards, but using SDFormatter usually straightens out any issue.
Did you perform the full overwrite, not the quick format?

tomer_rozevich

SanDisk High Endurance are good cards. I’ve seen more users have issues with the Samsung Pro Endurance cards than the SanDisk High Endurance cards, but using SDFormatter usually straightens out any issue.
Did you perform the full overwrite, not the quick format?
when I will get my new dashcam and the sd card
Do you recommend doing a quick format with SDFormatter?

Capture Your Action

when I will get my new dashcam and the sd card
Do you recommend doing a quick format with SDFormatter?
Technically you should only need to format it inside the camera before using. However, some users experience issues, which a full overwrite using SDFormatter usually resolves (not a quick format).

tsh23

Technically you should only need to format it inside the camera before using. However, some users experience issues, which a full overwrite using SDFormatter usually resolves (not a quick format).
Yes tried full overwrite using SDFormatter. Two out of four new SanDisk Endurance cards having same issue. Have ordered Samsung ones to try

Flora

i think its a bad SD card
i stick with samsung Pro Endurance

in a home security camera i use the 64gb sd almost a 6 months
and no issue , its a good card for Dash Camera

i need to get soon A119 V3 and a A129 PLUS
both of them get the 128gb samsung that i order from amazon on a fair price

just do not touch sanDisk one
I brought a new Samsung endurance 64G as card but is shows format all the time, it is new one even I format still didn’t work, do you know what’s problem ? Thanks for you kind suggest

ursamajor

Try to verify its write speed, by using CrystalDiskMark. It could be fake.

zippy1148

I have exactly the same issue with 2 Sandisk High Endurance 64GB cards. tried a full format with SDFormatter, tested write speed and I know its not a fake. One has the 3 wire kit and the other a plug in charger. All cvonnections and GPS mount secure and tried camera and GPS ports. @tsh23 - did the new card resolve things for good?

Kremmen

I'm not convinced with high endurance cards.

I've been operating a A119 V2 and subsequently a V3 with the same Samsung Evo Plus 128Gb without issue since 2018.