Slow transfer to mobile app via wifi

Etienne Bonanno

I’m trying to tramsfer recorded videos to a mobile device via the app, however the file transfer is extremely slow, taking several minutes to even transfer 1% of the file and eventually they fail.

Any way of making this work?

PS. I’ve tried this both on Android and on iOS with exactly the same result.

Alistair Parsons

the wifi transfer is really for the odd photo and using the app for positioning/preview/settings etc. If you look at the size of the video files on a computer you will see that even a 2 minute video is hundreds of MB. on android, easiest thing is to connect camera to phone using an OTG adapter, let camera go in to storage mode, then copy photos from usb, MUCH faster transfer rate. good app to use as file manager is X-plore.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Please try to use the 5G wifi mode, the transfer speed should be improved.

de4ek

How to enable their 5g WiFi Mode? And is it compatible with iPhone XSMax? The WiFi transfer speed is straight horrible. And never finishes. Aleah stops at 70ish %.
In some ways this camera is the best thing since sliced bread, but in others, it’s not worth the plastic it’s made out of. lol. I love it tho.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
In the system settings, under Wi-Fi settings, you can choose the 5GHz Wi-Fi mode, it is compatiable with XS Max.