Slow wifi?

synistyr

Anyone else having issues with the A129(dual) and slow wifi connections?

I have the camera set to 5ghz but it takes forever to download a video to my phone (iPhone X).

It's taking over 5min to download a single 198mb clip.

kucukaga

the closer the distance is, the faster it is downloading.
I'm downloading a file of 153 mb for 3 minutes (iphone6)

Alistair Parsons

wifi will always be very slow. take out the sd card and connect direct to phone...

Diggie

Wifi should never be that slow. That is 6Mbps. That's the kind of speed I'd expect sitting 50 ft away with walls between me and the access point.

Did they forget to wire up an antenna inside the unit? Or is the SDCard controller just too slow?

TBH, WiFi is one of the big selling points for me on this unit. I was about to buy one until I came across several owners complaining about this problem.

@viofo: Is this a firmware issue or a hardware problem, or do you think nothing is wrong? If it's a hardware issue, is it an easy fix (e.g. I could solder something on the board), or will a V2 unit be required? Some comment on this would be nice.

Last edited:

VIOFO-Swin

We have already updated the APP which can support 3MB/S in 5Ghz, would you please update the APP and try 5G Wi-Fi again?

bloo890

5ghz wifi on mine is lightning quick. I love the 5ghz options and it's crazy no other dashcam companies have it. maybe the other guys is right, they could have forgotten to plug in the antenna or maybe try putting your phone in airplane mode and just turn on wifi to connect?

lopo1

I have problem with awful download speed via wifi I had A129 Duo plus and i can´t download faster then aprox. 0,5MB/sec. Downloading 3min clip takes me over 15min !!! I try both frequency without any change.... Is there any option how can i donwload faster? My phone is Huawei P20 with android 10.