[SOLVED]: iOS app does not connect to camera (A129 Plus Duo)

tilt

Usually, this firmware can somewhat solve the Wi-Fi issue. But it doesn't work with your dashcam, we recommend you contact the seller for a replacement.
OK, I did contact the seller (Viofo's India distributor) for a replacement. They said they were aware of this problem and they immediately shipped me a replacement. And I received the replacement an hour ago, and everything works fine, including being able to connect the camera to my iPhone.

Thank you and everyone else here for your patience and your help.

By the way, the replacement the vendor shipped to me was a 129 Pro 4K, not the Plus Duo 2K, so I lucked out even more :)

Cheers

Capture Your Action

OK, I did contact the seller (Viofo's India distributor) for a replacement. They said they were aware of this problem and they immediately shipped me a replacement. And I received the replacement an hour ago, and everything works fine, including being able to connect the camera to my iPhone.

By the way, the replacement the vendor shipped to me was a 129 Pro 4K, not the Plus Duo 2K, so I lucked out even more :)

Cheers
You had the A129 Plus DUO version? The rear camera and cable for the Plus version is not compatible with the A129 Pro front camera. Have you connected them yet?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
To assure the rear camera can work properly, we recommend you contact the distributor for a replacement of A129 Plus. As the rear camera of A129 Plus isn't compatible with A129 Pro.

tilt

Yes I connected it, and I have now found that it only recorded the front camera, not the rear camera.

Edited to say: I spoke with the vendor, they're shipping a replacement PLUS and I shall ship the Pro back to them.

Thank you for your help, VIOFO-Support and Capture-Your-Action :)

Cheers

Last edited:

Asphlex

Cheers
Phew, at least there everything worked fine in the end. I like stories when people communicate and work together. Hope you won't struggle with similar problem :3

tilt

Phew, at least there everything worked fine in the end. I like stories when people communicate and work together. Hope you won't struggle with similar problem :3
Thank you. Well, right now since I am waiting for the replacement A129 PLUS, I still do not know if the original issue (connecting to my iPhone) is resolved yet or not - I shall check that when i receive it and keep this thread updated :)

Cheers

tilt

OK, I received the replacement PLUS, and I am able to connect to the iPhone app. Thank you all.

The camera came with firmware 1.6 dated April 2021.

I did try to install the firmware linked by VIOFO-Support here in this thread - but I did not see the update process (blinking lights etc.) happening; and when I checked the camera afterwards, the two files were absent and the firmware still showed 1.6 dated April 2021.

Cheers

Last edited: