Super blurry front cam

Noxsicarius

I got this thing a month ago and the first thing I did was update firmware. I installed it with hardwire kit and it worked great, for a month. Now I get super blurry video on front cam. I tried cleaning the lenses with my eyeglass cloth and it didn't help. Is my set bad? All settings remained the same the entire time. Blurry Cam video

benkar

I got this thing a month ago and the first thing I did was update firmware. I installed it with hardwire kit and it worked great, for a month. Now I get super blurry video on front cam. I tried cleaning the lenses with my eyeglass cloth and it didn't help. Is my set bad? All settings remained the same the entire time. Blurry Cam video
It really looks like a dirty lens or out of focus. Somewhere was a videoguide on how to focus the lens.

Noxsicarius

Well I pulled a few older videos and you can see it get worse over time. I put in a support ticket.

Systeman

If you fitted a CPL filter, did you remove the protective film?

From both side of the filter?

Last edited:

Randy_Buss

If you fitted a CPL filter, did you remove the protective film?
That's what I was thinking. It looks like either the CPL filter has the clear plastic lens film still on it, or the dash cam it self still has a peel off protective plastic film on it. Reason it looks that way to me is it appears to have what looks like a wrinkle in it.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
It seems out of focus, need get replaced.

Noxsicarius

No changes have. Been made since initial install. I pulled 2 locked items, one from the first day, one from a few weeks ago and one new one when I posted this. The quality gets worse with each. It's just the stuff from the box, no lenses or anything.

Alistair Parsons

Contact supplier to get replaced, remember warranty is with supplier always, unless you bought direct from viofo website directly,