The camera doesn't show GPS info or get into parking mode anymore!

almokahl

Greetings everyone,

I had my replacement A129 dashcam working flawlessly for approximately 9 months, but until recently, some issues have shown up.
Firstly, the GPS has suddenly stopped working. The camera itself shows me "No GPS", and on the recorded videos, there's no speed or coordinates in the left corner even though I do have the GPS module installed.

Here's a screenshot from an old video back when GPS used to work.

Second, the camera will never get into parking mode, and it will keep recording in driving mode even after hours of turning off the car. I've installed the hardwire kit correctly, and it has been running without any problems for more than a year until the GPS problem showed up, but I'm not really sure if it's relevant or not.

I've tried the following solutions but nothing helped:
  • Powering the camera through the GPS module, and the camera itself.
  • Resetting the camera and formatting the SD card.
  • Downgrading from v2.1 to v1.9.
  • Turned the voltage for the hardwire to maximum and minimum.

Looking forward to your help and assistance,
Thanks

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Firstly, the GPS has suddenly stopped working.
That may be caused by the signal missing. Please drive in a vast place with good signal.
Second, the camera will never get into parking mode
We suggest you bring the front camera and the USB cable back home and have a test.

Following are the steps:
  1. Connect the USB cable with the camera and a home socket or a power bank
  2. Put the camera in a place without any motions
  3. Make the camera seat still for several minutes to see if it will enter the parking mode
If the camera can enter the parking mode in this condition, there may be some problems with the power or the hardwire kits.

almokahl

That may be caused by the signal missing. Please drive in a vast place with a good signal.

Unfortunately, I drove for more than 100 km, but nothing helped with the GPS problem. Also, I drove another 50 km in another city, and I still had the same problem.

We suggest you bring the front camera and the USB cable back home and have a test.

Following are the steps:
  1. Connect the USB cable with the camera and a home socket or a power bank
  2. Put the camera in a place without any motions
  3. Make the camera seat still for several minutes to see if it will enter the parking mode
If the camera can enter the parking mode in this condition, there may be some problems with the power or the hardwire kits.
I did exactly what you've told me using a power bank. I took the dashcam home and off the GPS mount, and luckily, it went into parking mode after a few minutes. However, the problem showed up again when I brought the dashcam back to the car even though it was powered through the power bank, not the hardwire kit. Finally, I tried to power the dashcam using the hardwire kit, but without installing it onto the GPS mount, and it went into parking mode the moment I shut down the car. To conclude, the problem is obviously due to the GPS mount and neither the dashcam itself nor the hardwire kit.

So, what am I supposed to do now? Should I just get a new GPS mount?