The Gitup Git2 is amazing outdoors but pretty Meh inside and in low-light

gadgetinspector

I had a little bit of a rocky start with my new Git2. I didn't expect all of the jitter and blur that I was getting, but based on some feedback from other Git2 owners, it was normal. As they indicated, the video quality is much better in natural daylight. It is super cloudy and snowy where I am, so I cannot wait to get some footage on a bright sunny day.

GadgetJunkie

Yes I had the same, I had to make sure I used a decent branded Class 10 Micro SD like a Sandisc Ultra or Extreme freshly formatted, playback will appear jittery in the built in screen on higher resolutions it doesn't mean the footage is ruined, it needs to be transferred to a fast hard drive and decent graphics card running on an i5 or i7 chipset PC, Mac or Linux, and the higher resolution videos played smoothly. For low light use the lowest frame rate works best so 30FPS 720p to 1080p , on latest firmware 1.6 I leave most of the exposure settings to AUTO , but you could try increasing EV-+ , try a fixed ISO of 800 or 1600?, or if you are able to change the shutter speed to 24FPS. I set WDR to OFF. Anyone else reading this let us know what you do.

gadgetinspector

Yes I had the same, I had to make sure I used a decent branded Class 10 Micro SD like a Sandisc Ultra or Extreme freshly formatted, playback will appear jittery in the built in screen on higher resolutions it doesn't mean the footage is ruined, it needs to be transferred to a fast hard drive and decent graphics card running on an i5 or i7 chipset PC, Mac or Linux, and the higher resolution videos played smoothly. For low light use the lowest frame rate works best so 30FPS 720p to 1080p , on latest firmware 1.6 I leave most of the exposure settings to AUTO , but you could try increasing EV-+ , try a fixed ISO of 800 or 1600?, or if you are able to change the shutter speed to 24FPS. I set WDR to OFF. Anyone else reading this let us know what you do.
Thanks for the tips. I figured the frame rate was part of the problem. The SD card I have is good I think, Samsung EVO 64gb Class 10.

GadgetJunkie

I have to agree with you since your post I started some more day and night video shots outside and noticed at 1080p 30fps the clear blue sky was quite pixelated like it was at 640p with heavy compression. at night it used to perform very well but now even with street lights its still to dark in places, I tried 720p 30fps Changed Metering to Average instead of Spot tonight and is still to dark. Usually with AUTO ISO and EV-+0 set its fine with its 19 steps of auto exposure. @gitup