Video editor software

StinkyPanda

Hi,

I was wondering which editing software you use for making movies ?

I've tried the Gopro software but I can't import my Git2 video's.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jagerbomb

If you want to use gopro studio follow the instructions from the video. Watch it right from the youtube site and he has links to get what you need. It refers to the yuneec CGO camera,s but the process can be used with the git2 video.

StinkyPanda

Great, thanks for that.

Is Gopro studio fine for editing or do u recommend another program ?

*edit*
Now I can load the clip in Gopro studio but I can't trim the video. It says "trimming is only available for Gopro source clips"

mountainm

Convert it in go pro studio. Then you should be able to be trim it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beyond the blue

I am having the same problem. I can import it, play it but not trim it. I have tried converting it but after doing so I can't drag it into the timeline. can anyone help further?

Ross

I use iMovie for my editing production. Powerful & intuitive with no frills.
You can watch some of my stuff here.
Conway: I have iMovie on my MacBook. Maybe you could tell me what cord is needed to get iMovie to transfer video from the Git2 to my Mac. If there is a cable, need to know how to get one. I cannot find a micro HDMI to USB cord. Thanks so much.

ConwayBob

I simply use the supplied USB cable and enable the camera to be a USB storage device. In iMovie, I import the camera's video files to a Project Library. Once imported, I can disconnect the camera, or just let it recharge. The camera is seen as a external storage device & can be ejected.

Ross

Aha, it is as I thought. However, when I hook up that cable and camera, from Git2 USB my MacBook USB, I get a message that no camera is connected.

There must be some iMovie configuration I'm missing.

ConwayBob

Aha, it is as I thought. However, when I hook up that cable and camera, from Git2 USB my MacBook USB, I get a message that no camera is connected.

There must be some iMovie configuration I'm missing.
It's not connected as a camera, you choose to connect it as a storage device then it's like a flash drive or external hard drive. If you intend to use it as a external camera you need to select it as such. When you plug it in, look at the screen on the back of the camera, it'll give you a choice... Mass storage or PC camera.

Klugercahi

Avidemux is a good one. You can use it to convert formats, trim footage, merge videos, and apply filters and effects. It can be used for free to do small editing tasks and enhancing videos. If you expect more high quality outout videos, you can also try this method: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/merge-videos.html
It has mentioned many features to edit , enhance and even download videos.