Video Files Not Being Overwritten & Firmware Errors

Systeman

Setup:

A129 Duo with 1.80 firmware and SanDisk 128 GB A1 Class 10 Micro SD Card. Tested and perfect.

The problems:
  1. Since updating the firmware to 1.80, when the SD card fills up older video files are not being deleted by being overwritten
  2. Folders and files are being created in root that should not be there, like the following at the top of the folders and video files list:

A folder labeled '@' dated 16/01/1980
    A folder labeled '0' dated 07/03/2028
    A folder labeled '2'
    2 files labeled '[]@'
And at the bottom of the video file list:

the last video file is labeled 200815~1.mp4
  1. A file labeled 'B2'
  2. A file labeled 'B6'
  3. A file labeled 'zi B6'
I deleted all the video files and RO folder, but the all of the othe strange files cannot be deleted.
The firmware must have major coding flaws.

Attachments

Capture Your Action

Did you format the memory card inside the camera and not on a computer?

Is looping turn on?

Capture Your Action

Do the following in order.

1) use a paper clip and press the hard reset button on the side of the camera. Be careful not to press the clip into the mic hole.

2) enter the menu and manually default the cameras settings.

3) after the camera reboots, reformat the card inside the camera.

4) change only the time and date and test the camera.

Systeman

Thanks, I've done a reset and reformat. I've set the loop to 3 minute as before. This time though I've set parking mode to a lower bitrate instead of auto detect.

It's recording 1:59 video segments instead of 3:00.

I still think the firmware is buggy. The file properties do not relate to the settings, for example, the file creation time should match the video creation timezone setting should it not. My timezone is +1, the video file date and time is correct, but the file properties time of creation is 1 hour less.

Capture Your Action

Thanks, I've done a reset and reformat. I've set the loop to 3 minute as before. This time though I've set parking mode to a lower bitrate instead of auto detect.

It's recording 1:59 video segments instead of 3:00.

I still think the firmware is buggy. The file properties do not relate to the settings, for example, the file creation time should match the video creation timezone setting should it not. My timezone is +1, the video file date and time is correct, but the file properties time of creation is 1 hour less.
Don’t forget Daylight Savings Time if your area observes it. That would account for the 1 hour difference.
Not sure why your getting 2 minute files. I use V1.8 with low bitrate parking mode and don’t have this issue. Same card too. Are you using the app to change settings or the camera menu? I would only use the camera menu as the app seems to have different values.
Those strange files/folders however are an issue. You should not be getting those. Are you seeing these files once you read the card on a PC or can you see them when you are looking at the files from the dash camera itself? I would think your card has an issue or your computer is putting these files/folders on the card. Maybe antivirus software? H2testw doesn’t always find every error.

Systeman

I just worked it out. I got parking mode set at 10 frames per second, that must account for the difference in video length ompared to files recorded whilst driving. The latter are actually as set, 3 minute loops.

Capture Your Action

I just worked it out. I got parking mode set at 10 frames per second, that must account for the difference in video length ompared to files recorded whilst driving. The latter are actually as set, 3 minute loops.
Yes, parking mode file lengths are different then regular recording files. You cannot change the file lengths of parking mode files.