VIOFO A129 Dash Cam Firmware

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Latest A129 firmware is released , version number is V1.2, below is the download link, or check the attachment:

A129 Duo V1.2 Firmware

Change log:

1. Fixed: Random screen freezing issue.
2. Changed: Beep will be totally off, if set Beep Off in system settings.
3. Changed: First click the last button to wake up the screen while in screen save and duo camera recording.

How to update:

Please do the following to upgrade the dash cam
The firmware will be automatically deleted from Micro SD card after upgrade completed.
  1. Use a memory card (recommend 16GB-128GB memory card) formatted by camera or on computer as FAT32
  2. Insert card in camera and connect it to computer using USB cable
  3. Copy the FWA129.bin on the root of the card
  4. After FWA129.bin is copied to the card disconnect the camera from computer
  5. Reconnect the camera to your computer and wait few seconds until the camera restart.
The front red LED will be blinking while upgrading.

gapi

Keep in mind folks some settings will revert to default so go through your menus and confirm your setups.

Systeman

I am using the 3-wire kit.

I have noticed that if I power down the camera at the camera, to remove the SD card to read the files at a computer; then insert it again, I cannot power up the camera using its power switch. It does not detect the ACC signal and parking mode. I have to turn on the ignition switch to start the camera, then turn it off again to reset parking mode.

Is this a firmware bug?

Poneill

I am using the 3-wire kit.

I have noticed that if I power down the camera at the camera, to remove the SD card to read the files at a computer; then insert it again, I cannot power up the camera using its power switch. It does not detect the ACC signal and parking mode. I have to turn on the ignition switch to start the camera, then turn it off again to reset parking mode.

Is this a firmware bug?
I have a similar issue
Although I have the 3-Wire kit whenever I switch the car off the Camera goes off, even though I have followed all the settings explained within the manual and also from VIOFO responses on this site.
A simple explanation on how to set up the Dashcam so that it comes on if someone bumps the car and records and goes to standby in case it happens again would be nice.
When I get into the car I never know if the dashcam is going to come on automatically or if I have to manually push the on button.
Very frustrating considering the money paid

Systeman

Have you followed this wiring diagram
Wiring diagram for hardwire kit with 3 wires.

In the diagram the red wire does not literally connect to the battery; it connects using a piggyback fuse connector to the fusebox, find a fuse that has output when the ignition is off and when the ignition is on. but do not use a fuse that's used for airbags or onboard computer etc.

The yellow, again using a piggyback fuse connector, connects to a fuse that does not output when the ignition is turned off. This is called an ACC (usually an accessory fuse) connection.

The black is to ground. Do not guess, always use a test meter.

The connection to the camera is to the side port, the same port used when connecting the camera using a USB cable to a computer to view files.

When wired correctly, you should notice a double beep sound when the ignition is turned on. Also a double beep when turned off.

Go through all the settings to make sure you have them set correctly.

Make sure you have the latest firmware 1.5 installed prior to installation

If you need to view files on your computer, you will need to power down the camera first, at the camera. Do not simply remove the SD card.

Last edited:

Poneill

Have you followed this wiring diagram
Wiring diagram for hardwire kit with 3 wires.

In the diagram the red wire does not literally connect to the battery; it connects using a piggyback fuse connector to the fusebox, find a fuse that has no output when the ignition is off but has output when the ignition is on. but do not use a fuse that's used for airbags or onboard computer etc.

The yellow, again using a piggyback fuse connector, connects to a fuse that has output even when the ignition is turned off. This is called an ACC (usually an accessory fuse) conection.

The black is to groung. Do not guess, always use a test meter.

The connection to the camera is to the side port, the same port used when connecting the camera using a USB cable to a computer to view files.

When wired correctly, you should notice a double beep sound when the ignition is turned on. Also a double beep when turned off.

Go through all the settings to make sure you have them set correctly.

Make sure you have the latest firmware 1.5 installed prior to installation

If you need to view files on your computer, you will need to power down the camera first, at the camera. Do not simply remove the SD card.
Yes I did follow the wiring diagram even asking BMW garage which fuse (piggyback fuse slot) to use (which they checked with a meter).
I will attempt again - I must have tried this over 15/20 times now and had updated to the latest firmware. Would it be useful to maybe re-load the software again in case there was a glitch?
Other than that if I could obtain the settings where I want the dashcam to record only if someone bumps into my car to record when parked and then to automatically come on and go off when Parking/Start up this may resolve it?
All help welcome as the picture quality is great otherwise :)

ChuckE

The first posting in this thread ought to be edited to reflect the most recent version number, and the link to the latest firmware ought to also be in that first posting. The reader should not be required to scroll down to some following postings to discover what the latest version is.

BCHobbyist

Website
viofo-dash-cam-selection-advice.blogspot.com
Yes I did follow the wiring diagram even asking BMW garage which fuse (piggyback fuse slot) to use (which they checked with a meter).
I will attempt again - I must have tried this over 15/20 times now and had updated to the latest firmware. Would it be useful to maybe re-load the software again in case there was a glitch?
Other than that if I could obtain the settings where I want the dashcam to record only if someone bumps into my car to record when parked and then to automatically come on and go off when Parking/Start up this may resolve it?
All help welcome as the picture quality is great otherwise :)
Correct Hardwire Kit installation is a challenge on many vehicles. Always use Fuse-Tap once appropriate circuit is located for proper Parking Mode functionality. The option you describe is for G-sensor impact detection only without visual Motion detection and greatly reduces recorded video clips on memory card. In Firmware v1.50 the option is first one listed of 7 modes in Parking Mode Menu settings called "Auto Event Detection".

I haven't installed the Hardwire Kit since I run my A129 Parking Mode from Power Bank using last option "Low Bitrate Recording" for continuous short term protection at 30fps 4 - 8 Mbps with audio.

c00ller

The first posting in this thread ought to be edited to reflect the most recent version number, and the link to the latest firmware ought to also be in that first posting. The reader should not be required to scroll down to some following postings to discover what the latest version is.
@viofo Please make a new thread with the latest V1.5 or update the original post. The stickied post should never be out of date.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
OK, we are working on a new version, will be updated soon.

SmoothGradient

@viofo Do you have any plans to add multi-step sharpness, saturation, brightness, and contrast adjustment settings to the A129? I recently purchased the A129 Duo and I was surprised by the oversharpening in the footage for my unit. It degrades the footage immensely. The sensor in my unit also clips highlights in the brightest areas of light, which could potentially be alleviated with a contrast control setting. This would also give the camera a better dynamic range during day and night without overexposing low light areas which increases noise and a blue hue with the HDR setting on during the night.

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
We will think about it, we add sharpness setting on A119S before.

mikeluscher159

Are there any firmware updates coming soon to the A129 Duo?

I've got several performance and stability issues that I hope your working on?

Devilment

Not sure if this is the right thread for a feature request. If not, please gently redirect me to the relevant forum.

Would it be possible to have a timer for Parking Mode, such that Parking Mode turns itself off after 60/120/180/user-defined number of minutes? This would be useful in conjunction with the 3-wire hardwire kit. When you're parked up while you're shopping, 2-3 hours is sufficient monitoring time to give you peace of mind that your dash cams are watching out for your car. However, when your car is in a more secure location, say your driveway or garage, you don't need to be recording and pulling down the car battery. Sure, the 3-wire kit has the voltage detection to shut off Parking Mode when the battery dips below a particular threshold, but I feel this would be a worthwhile supplement to that functionality.

benkar

Not sure if this is the right thread for a feature request. If not, please gently redirect me to the relevant forum.

Would it be possible to have a timer for Parking Mode, such that Parking Mode turns itself off after 60/120/180/user-defined number of minutes? This would be useful in conjunction with the 3-wire hardwire kit. When you're parked up while you're shopping, 2-3 hours is sufficient monitoring time to give you peace of mind that your dash cams are watching out for your car. However, when your car is in a more secure location, say your driveway or garage, you don't need to be recording and pulling down the car battery. Sure, the 3-wire kit has the voltage detection to shut off Parking Mode when the battery dips below a particular threshold, but I feel this would be a worthwhile supplement to that functionality.
The function would not be bad, although you can manually turn off the camera when you no longer need the parking mode. (your driveway or garage).

Devilment

The function would not be bad, although you can manually turn off the camera when you no longer need the parking mode. (your driveway or garage).
However, that requires you to remember to switch off the camera:) Humans are lazy and forgetful by nature ;)