VIOFO A129 Dash Cam Firmware

hatragyi

Hi,
I would like to ask for you, where can i download the eariler 1.9 official firmware?
After out the new 2.0 release i updated my A129 duo camera.
My setup: a129 camera with hk3 hardwire kit and blackvue ultra magic battery.

In the 2.0 fw i have two issue, what is not was in the 1.9 fw.

After upgraded to 2.0 fw i formatted the sd card with sd card formatter and after again in the camera.
After i reset the camera, set back the default values.

The issues:
The camera is very slow. After turn on, and if i press any button, the reaction is very slow, approx 8-10 sec.
If i turn off my car, the camera switch to parking mode automatically (auto event detection), but the camera not start record if i move something in the front of the camera. I just hear the beep-beep.
The earlier 1.9 official fw the camera worked perfectly.
So the 2.0 fw is bad for me.
Where can i download the eariler 1.9 fw?
Thanks.

Capture Your Action

Hi,
I would like to ask for you, where can i download the eariler 1.9 official firmware?
After out the new 2.0 release i updated my A129 duo camera.
My setup: a129 camera with hk3 hardwire kit and blackvue ultra magic battery.

In the 2.0 fw i have two issue, what is not was in the 1.9 fw.

After upgraded to 2.0 fw i formatted the sd card with sd card formatter and after again in the camera.
After i reset the camera, set back the default values.

The issues:
The camera is very slow. After turn on, and if i press any button, the reaction is very slow, approx 8-10 sec.
If i turn off my car, the camera switch to parking mode automatically (auto event detection), but the camera not start record if i move something in the front of the camera. I just hear the beep-beep.
The earlier 1.9 official fw the camera worked perfectly.
So the 2.0 fw is bad for me.
Where can i download the eariler 1.9 fw?
Thanks.

There was an update to V2.0 a few days after it was initially released, do you know if you have that one or the original? The updated one wasn’t posted officially, but a link to it was posted in one of the threads by Viofo. The updated V2.0 is also posted in the link above. I do not know what the changes were from the original were. Might be worth trying the updated version to see if it fixes any of your issues.

hatragyi

I downloaded the 2.0 fw from here the viofo site, after posted it. I'm going to download from what you linked. These firmwares is the official Viofo firmwares? Thx.

There was an update to V2.0 a few days after it was initially released, do you know if you have that one or the original? The updated one wasn’t posted officially, but a link to it was posted in one of the threads by Viofo. The updated V2.0 is also posted in the link above. I do not know what the changes were from the original were. Might be worth trying the updated version to see if it fixes any of your issues.

Capture Your Action

exciter

New firmware for A129 Plus Duo appeard.

V1.4 firmware change log:
  1. Added: 2K 21:9 (2560x1080) video resolution
  2. Bug fix

I am very unlucky that there is no HDR feature and I've received information that there is no plan to implement HDR in this model.
Why not? Same sensor SONY STARVIS IMX335 is included in A119 V3 - with added HDR! :mad:
Moreover, new resolution should be also in 60 FPS!

ursamajor

Viofo representative on Dashcam forum announced that they are working on HDR on A129+. Let's hope that it will appear in the next firmware. :)

ViofoCanadaUser123

I had problems updating firmware on my A129 Duo. I also tried using the Viofo App to do the firmware update. The app said 'your firmware is up-to-date even though my FW is still at the 1.29 version (forget exact number as my camera is in my car in Parking Mode but it is NOT the latest 2.0+ FW version). I see there is a 2.0 or greater version on the Viofo Support site.

ViofoCanadaUser123

@ViofoCanadaUser123 the newest official firmware is 1.4 HERE, newest unofficial (test version) is 1.6T.
How come the Viofo site shows FW version 2.1? See here. Modified on March 20, 2021.

Latest A129 Duo firmware version 2.1

Change log:
  1. Added the WiFi station mode(Press the MIC button to enable, and WiFi button to disable.)
  2. Live video source display will keep after the restart
  3. Optimize looping recording in parking mode for slow card
  4. Menu language translation update

exciter

@ViofoCanadaUser123 Exactly! the discussion in this thread is now about the firmware for the A129 Plus model. As you wrote, the latest firmware for the A129 Pro model is version 2.1 HERE

ViofoCanadaUser123

@ViofoCanadaUser123 Exactly! the discussion in this thread is now about the firmware for the A129 Plus model. As you wrote, the latest firmware for the A129 Pro model is version 2.1 HERE
I did not write "Pro" model anywhere. Can you show me where I wrote Pro other than just right now in reference to your post? If you are saying the link I provided is for the Pro model, that's different. To get to the link I had to scroll down to A129 Duo bypassing all the other newer models. And on the page of the link it does not mention anything about Pro.

On the Viofo Page.
VIOFO A129 Duo Dash Cam Firmware
Dane Ji
Modified on: Sat, 20 Mar, 2021 at 7:37 PM
Latest A129 firmware is released, the version number is V2.1, please check the attachment:

Latest A129 Duo firmware version 2.1

Last edited:

IndexTM

what firmware are you currently using?
I have many problems with my A129 Duo is from December 2018: with parking mode. (Auto Event Detection) I am using the HK3 kit

V2.1
doesn't switch to parking mode.

V2.0 the parking mode works, but nothing is recorded!

V1.9T7 (beta) wants to switch to parking mode after about 3 minutes, but doesn't manage it. The LED flashes and it beeps all the time. I have to press REC manually so that it takes over to the parking mode.

V1.9 parking mode woks, but it records almost nothing ... only the first 2-3 hours after I have parked the car.... The car battery still has enough volts. 12.4V when I get in the car in the morning and I have the HK3 set to 12.0V.

V1.8 same as V1.9

after each update I have performed a reset with the reset button and additionally in the menu. I have also set the dashcam correctly! I do everything correctly! It is not up to me! But on the firmware! The car battery still has enough volts. 12.4V when I get in the car in the morning and I have the HK3 set to 12.0V.

please help your customers and release a new (working) firmware! every third post here in the forum informs you that there are problems with the parking mode!!!! Stop ignoring it!

Last edited:

benkar

I had a similar experience with FW 2.1. The camera did not turn off after turning off the engine, respectively after pulling the ignition key. I use FW 1.8 and the camera turns off. I do not use the parking mode.

skerekeke

Hi
I bought a 129 duo. Checking the firmware camera is V.2.2. How is it possible? On the site, the latest downloadable firmware is v.2.1

BigBillSD

Hmmm. I was thinking about buying a couple A129 & a couple A129 DUO's. I have a A119v3 and it works well but I want to be able to view the settings and video without messing with the device. But it seems I cannot even get real information on firmware for the A129 from the support folks. And it doesn't appear to be much better here on the forum where I turned after the poor response from support. It seems I should look to other vendors..

Reactions: Kim