VIOFO A129 Dash Cam Firmware

Kim

Why is the latest available A129 Pro Duo firmware for download on your site still at v.2.4, while there are several Admin postings in this group giving direct download links to v.2.5 ? Is this still a Beta release, or why do you not make it readily available on your FW download pages?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Why is the latest available A129 Pro Duo firmware for download on your site still at v.2.4, while there are several Admin postings in this group giving direct download links to v.2.5 ? Is this still a Beta release, or why do you not make it readily available on your FW download pages?
Hello,

The firmware V2.4 is the official one for A129 Pro. We made the custom firmware V2.5 to help fix some specific problems.

deep_purple1127

Hello,

Can you please confirm the model again? The newest firmware version for A129 Pro is V2.5.
this my version:
VIOFO A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera (16GB EMMC Version)
Sylvia Guo
Modified on: Wed, 22 Dec, 2021 at 7:37 AM
The latest A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera (16GB EMMC Version) firmware is released, the version number is V1.6, please download the firmware from the attachment.

V1.4 firmware changelog:

it's from your website, so i'm little bit confuse.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
this my version:
VIOFO A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera (16GB EMMC Version)
Sylvia Guo
Modified on: Wed, 22 Dec, 2021 at 7:37 AM
The latest A129 Plus Duo Dash Camera (16GB EMMC Version) firmware is released, the version number is V1.6, please download the firmware from the attachment.

V1.4 firmware changelog:

it's from your website, so i'm little bit confuse.
Hello,

Sorry for the confusion caused. The current firmware version is V1.6. We've corrected that in this link. The firmware V1.6 only fixed some bugs. There are no other important changes.

BigBillSD

I don't believe I have seen a more confusing mess as Viofo Firmware information. This thread subject seems like its for the A129... but the posts inside here seem to be for everything but the plain A129. When I look at the firmware on my A129 it lists it as A129: V2.2 Maybe someone in charge should create an informational thread/subject that cant be added to that has all the model numbers and current firmware listed and only changed by support or the administrator. (or a link to a webpage with the same) I see no references to my 2.2 firmware here. PLEASE fix this mess! -Bill

ViofoCanadaUser123

I have also found the firmware info posted here confusing. All FW info should be preceeded by "For models A129 xx" followed by the FW version number. There should be a thread or list that states:

If you own A129 Duo (original version and updated version 20xx) the following FW is available and the new features xxxx
If you own A129 Duo Pro xxxxxxxxxxx
If you own A129 xxxxxxx You get it.

BigBillSD

I have also found the firmware info posted here confusing.
Yeah, and looking at your dashcams firmware version page, doesn't tell you which A129 you have. That would make sense if there were only one version of an A129 dashcam so there is only one version of firmware. But of course, that's not how they roll. Not putting that info in the camera itself is just poor judgement. -Bill

Karagandinez

I have also found the firmware info posted here confusing. All FW info should be preceeded by "For models A129 xx" followed by the FW version number. There should be a thread or list that states:

If you own A129 Duo (original version and updated version 20xx) the following FW is available and the new features xxxx
If you own A129 Duo Pro xxxxxxxxxxx
If you own A129 xxxxxxx You get it.
A129 Duo=FWA129.bin
A129 Pro Duo=FWA129P.bin
A129 Plus Duo=FWA129S.bin