What MicroSD card do you use and what is your experience with it ?

asdfa123

Hi, after upgrading to the new fw on my A129 duo I ran into the problem that my device won't record with the rear camera attached. So i tried to test the microSD(samsung evo plus) card and this is the result (see image). Previously I was using sandisk extreme, but it only recorded when it wanted to.
  1. Do you have any personal recommendations for the card?
  2. Can the card stop working over time ?
  3. Is there any way to verify the authenticity of the card except visually?

Attachments

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
my device won't record with the rear camera attached
Do you mean the front camera records with the rear cable disconnected?

What's the current firmware version? Could you please try downgrade to the previous firmware version and see if the dashcam can work?

asdfa123

Do you mean the front camera records with the rear cable disconnected?

What's the current firmware version? Could you please try downgrade to the previous firmware version and see if the dashcam can work?
What I meant by that is that it doesn't want to shoot with the rear camera attached, like in the video.
At the end of the video I pulled the cable from the camera that goes to the rear camera.
My current firmware version is 2.1 .I'll try to find an older version of the fw and try it out.

asdfa123

I've tried firmware 1.9 and I've also tried the new high endurance sandisk card, but I'm still having the same problem.

Capture Your Action

I've tried firmware 1.9 and I've also tried the new high endurance sandisk card, but I'm still having the same problem.
When changing firmware, you should manually default the cameras settings via the menu, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. If you did not do these things, I would start there.

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
When changing firmware, you should manually default the cameras settings via the menu, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. If you did not do these things, I would start there.
Yes, please set the default settings and reset the dashcam after changing firmware. Waiting for the result! @asdfa123

Edward

Could you please elaborate on this point? I mean which setting should I get to before moving to reset button?

Capture Your Action

Could you please elaborate on this point? I mean which setting should I get to before moving to reset button?
In the cameras settings (menu) there is an option to Default Settings. Choose that option, then once the camera reboots, press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds (will need a paper clip or something similar to press it).

asdfa123

I bought the camera last year in September. After several months the camera sometimes recorded and sometimes not, parking mode usually only went for a couple of minutes. I thought it would be winter weather, that simply the battery in the car can't handle sub-zero temperatures and doesn't charge enough, but the problem remained in the summer. So I decided to update the fw and since then I have this problem that with the rear camera I can't record, but without it goes perfectly fine.

Can I somehow test the rear camera without using the front one if there is some problem with the cable or with the camera itself?

Capture Your Action

I bought the camera last year in September. After several months the camera sometimes recorded and sometimes not, parking mode usually only went for a couple of minutes. I thought it would be winter weather, that simply the battery in the car can't handle sub-zero temperatures and doesn't charge enough, but the problem remained in the summer. So I decided to update the fw and since then I have this problem that with the rear camera I can't record, but without it goes perfectly fine.

Can I somehow test the rear camera without using the front one if there is some problem with the cable or with the camera itself?
The sometimes not recording issue sounds like either a memory card or power issue.

If the rear camera not working only started after the update, then try loading the firmware you were on previously to see if it fixes it. Just be sure to manually default the cameras settings after the firmware change. You should also press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds. This should be done after any firmware change.

asdfa123

1. first I tried the exFAT format on the card with fw 1.9 - no results
  2. I tried putting in 1.5 fw - no result
Of course I reset the settings manually and in the camera before each step.
The only thing left to do is to try the power supply via the cigarette lighter.

[edit: Power from cigarette lighter didn't help.
The final thing that is left for me is just a warranty claim in the shop.]

Last edited: