What should the length of the Parking clips be?

goddi

Greetings,
I am having problems with the dashcam not producing rear Parking clips consistently. It works for a while, then stops taking clips. Viofo is sending me new thinner cables to see if that makes a difference (it is happening on both of my cars with the same dashcam, A129 Plus Duo).

However, I also notice that the Parking clips (front and rear camera) vary in length from a few seconds to 3:00 minutes. Each one is a different length. The Movie camera clips, front and rear, are all 3:00 minutes. Shouldn't the Parking clips also be 3:00 minutes in length (front and rear)?
Gary

Last edited:

goddi

Greetings,
I've had 41 views of my question but no one has mentioned what the length of their Parking clips are. Can someone tell me what the lengths of the video clips that the Parking mode are? What should they be?

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hello,

The length of the Parking clips is on the loop recording duration you set.

goddi

Greetings,
What I want to know is what should be the length of each Parking clip? I've formatted the card many times, no difference. Mine vary in length. Here is a sample of what I mean:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
What kind of parking mode do you use? Is it Auto Event Detection? If it is, we recommend you set Low Bitrate Recording and see if the clip durations are correct.

What card do you use? Generally, the problems of the files are related to the SD card. So the card is should be taken into account.

goddi

I can't seem to get a direct answer to my question. All I want to know is what the lengths of the video clips should be.
1- If the AutoEventDetection is selected in the Parking Mode, what should the lengths of each video clips be?
2-If the Low Bit Rate is selected in the Parking Mode, what should the lengths of each video clips be?
Let's assume I have the appropriate microSD card and everything is working correctly.
(This is not asking for how long does the Parking Mode stays functioning. I understand it can vary from 30 minutes to longer times.)
Gary

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Gary,

1- If the AutoEventDetection is selected in the Parking Mode, what should the lengths of each video clips be?
The length of each video clip in Auto Event Detection usually should be 1 min.

2-If the Low Bit Rate is selected in the Parking Mode, what should the lengths of each video clips be?
The length of each video clip in Low Bitrate Recording usually should be 30 mins.

goddi

I haven't had the chance to try the Low Biterate setting yet. But the "Auto Event Detection usually should be 1 min." does not follow what is happening with my dashcam. In my example above, which is in AutoEventDetection mode, the clips range from :04 seconds to 3:00 minutes. Makes no sense that the Low Bitrate would be 30 mins. That would eat up the microSD card to quickly. So any movement would record a 30 min. clip???

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Don't worry. 30 mins clip length in low bitrate recording can help reduce the file storage of the SD card. In low bitrate recording, the dashcam would always keep recording. It is very stable and the most recommended.

But the "Auto Event Detection usually should be 1 min." does not follow what is happening with my dashcam. In my example above, which is in AutoEventDetection mode, the clips range from :04 seconds to 3:00 minutes.
May I know what card you use? And I recommend you format the SD card again on the computer: How to format the microSD card? : VIOFO Support Center

goddi

So you are saying that, when someone walks by the car, and the Parking Mode is in the LowBitrate mode, it will take a clip of 30 min.?
(You didn't answer why my AutoEventDetection clips vary from :04 sec. to 3:00 min.)
My card is Samsung Pro Endurance microSDXC UHS-1, Class 10.
Gary

Attachments

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
If you set low bitrate recording in parking mode, the dashcam would always record no matter there is movement or not. As the video clips are all of the low bitrates, that would help reduce storage.

why my AutoEventDetection clips vary from :04 sec. to 3:00 min.
I wonder if it's caused by the SD card, so recommend you format it on the computer. Samsung Pro Endurance is great. But I saw you attached a picture of SanDisk. So please also do a test with your card.

goddi

Ooppss...sorry, too many SDcards. It is a Samsung Pro Endurance microSDXC UHS-1, Class 10.
I have formatted it on the computer. I have done many, many test with this card with AutoEventDetection, same results.
I have to do some tests with the Low Biterate. But the clip lengths in the AutoEventDetection vary all over the place.
Gary

Attachments

Last edited:

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
I also recommend you try low-bitrate recording that can ensure everything is recorded, with small storage. Please let me know the test result with the low bit rate.

goddi

Greetings,
I re-set the Parking Mode to Low Bitrate as you suggested.

First of all, above you stated:
"The length of each video clip in AutoEventDetection usually should be 1 min.
The length of each video clip in Low Bitrate Recording usually should be 30 mins."

As you can see by my screenshot above, the AutoEventDetection's video clips range from :04 sec. to 3:00 min.
Also, as seen below, the video clips (F&R) with Parking Mode set to Low Bitrate are all 3:00 minutes, not 30 mins.

Parking Mode set to Low Bitrate:

In the screenshot below:
1-With the Movie's F&R cameras, the file sizes are the same. But the front cam is 2560x1440, while the rear cam is 1920x1080. Shouldn't the rear cam's video file size be smaller, even with the same BitRate?

2-With the Parking Mode's F&R cameras, the BitRate for the F camera is 3,768 kb/s, while the R camera is 8,389 kb/s. Why would the R camera's BitRate be so much higher than the F camera, in when set to Parking Mode is set to Low Bit Rate?

So, I am getting what seems to be conflicting information. Please clarify.
Gary Oddi