Wi-Fi Lock Problem

kucukaga

In case the wi-fi stays on continuously the device hangs in some cases.
For example; when recording the vehicle in the parking lot, the camera starts to sound when the vehicle is started with the ignition key, then the device is locked.
I disconnect the power of the device from the GPS module, then the device opens without problem.
When the camera is locked, all of the camera's lights are lit, but it does not respond when I press it.
Is this device not suitable for working on the wi-fi's continuous open position?

I'm not sure exactly why it was locked.
Maybe the wi-fi can be activated continuously.

P.S: I'm using parking mode with hardwire kit

Last edited:

Jamkat

I also appear to have a similar problem. The left LED is flashing when I return to the car after leaving it parked and I have to reset the camera?

Daniel-polonia

hi I have problem with WIFI in my A129 DUO , camera is working perfect but not working WIFI and is not connecting at all to wifi.
(data in my Iphone is off- if someone will say switch off). When try to switch on WIFI appear on screen message APmode Connecting:Fail
and thats all. What is AP mode? Can see on picture. I think is just issue with WIFI card inside cam.
Please help if someone know how.?

Attachments

kucukaga

hi I have problem with WIFI in my A129 DUO , camera is working perfect but not working WIFI and is not connecting at all to wifi.
(data in my Iphone is off- if someone will say switch off). When try to switch on WIFI appear on screen message APmode Connecting:Fail
and thats all. What is AP mode? Can see on picture. I think is just issue with WIFI card inside cam.
Please help if someone know how.?

I guess the wifi card is broken. I think if you talk to the Viofo authorities, they'il be interested.

Klangford

I see many of us have the same problem - hardwired system, WIFI is on, then when you return to your vehicle all 3 lights are on, the left light (Record LED) is blinking rapidly and the device is non-responsive to the APP or to any buttons. You must hold down the power button for 2-3 seconds to force power off - then the cameras work again. All of your prior settings are lost and the wifi password goes back to 12345678. Any one have any troubleshooting ideas - these forums while hosted by Viofo don't seem to ever be VISITED by viofo for problem resolution.

Jamkat

Yes, it would seem that this is a software issue. I’ve not pressed the power button to reset, but simply remove the camera from the mount until all the LEDs go out. I don’t lose the settings that way. If I leave Wi-fi switched off, the camera continues to record in parking mode without a problem. I now don’t use the Wi-fi, which was the reason for buying this camera! My WI-FI is totally unusable as it is so unreliable. I can connect, then can’t, without a reset. If I can, the app sometimes will not show files. It takes far too long to download a file. I can stream them faster, but that also doesn’t work all of the time. Worse thing about the download option is, if your phone auto-locks during the download it stops the download. So you cannot even start the download and leave it. You have to keep the page ‘alive’ and wait! Really disappointing to what otherwise are otherwise great cameras !

Klangford

Agreed on all fronts. The WiFi itself or at least the current firmware is buggy as hell. If WiFi is off the camera works as advertised, parking mode, etc. But if I leave WiFi on the camera locks up 100% of the time after parking. I also realized you must set your phone to never lock while downloading video or else you come back to “ERROR!” Their download process does not work as a background process at all. I too will leave appropriate Amazon review.

The truth is I probably only want to play with the WiFi options during first week of ownership. After that I would likely forget it’s there recording until there is an event worthy of downloading. But as a new owner we want to test all of the advertised features and the WiFi connectivity is a beta release at best.

Joseph

I also have this issue, i think it was application or Camera firewall bug, i hope Viofo can fix it soon.

Klangford

I did get a reply from them on a Facebook this evening. They say NOT to leave WiFi on while in parking mode. That was a work around I had already figured out. Now to see if a future firmware update addresses it.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The download speed will be dropped if the camera is recording, so it require to stop recording first.
In 5G Wi-Fi mode, the download speed is up to 3MB/s, it is much much better than most of the dash cam on the market that only support 2.4G Wi-Fi.

gmoss

I'm experiencing the same issue. Has Viofo support responded to anyone and said they will fix this in a future
firmware update? I just opened a ticket today but haven't had a response yet.
Thnaks,

Capture Your Action

I'm experiencing the same issue. Has Viofo support responded to anyone and said they will fix this in a future
firmware update? I just opened a ticket today but haven't had a response yet.
Thnaks,
There are a few different issues mentioned in this thread. What issue are you having.

gmoss

Sorry, I'm referring to the lockup when WIFI is on in parking mode.
Thanks,

Capture Your Action

FYI, in case you don’t already know, the buttons on the camera are disabled when WiFi is on. Not sure if this was intentional by a Viofo or a restriction by Novatek. Some users think the camera is locked up or defective when the buttons don’t work, but turning off WiFi enables the buttons again.
If your issue is separate from this, it could be WiFi getting interference from other electronics inside the vehicle. WiFi should always be left off when you not actually using it. It will also cut the bitrate in half when it’s on, negatively affecting the image quality.
I would also be sure to update to the latest firmware if your not already. V1.9 is the latest.

gmoss

In my case, none of the buttons work, including WIFI. WIFI is actually up and running, (I can see and connect on my phone), and it looks like I'm connected but when trying to connect to the camera it won't connect. The screen is also locked on and will not shutdown or go dark. The recording light is flashing and the other two lights are solid red. I can't turn off the WIFI and the only thing I can do is to unplug it. The unit also gets warm to the touch. It's definitely locking up and after unplugging, all of the options are reset to default.

Capture Your Action

In my case, none of the buttons work, including WIFI. WIFI is actually up and running, (I can see and connect on my phone), and it looks like I'm connected but when trying to connect to the camera it won't connect. The screen is also locked on and will not shutdown or go dark. The recording light is flashing and the other two lights are solid red. I can't turn off the WIFI and the only thing I can do is to unplug it. The unit also gets warm to the touch. It's definitely locking up and after unplugging, all of the options are reset to default.
When you unplug it, does it appear to shut down normally or does the screen slowly fade out. Slowly fading out is a software crash.

To turn off WiFi, you need to press and hold the WiFi button (far right button, in case you did not know).

What memory card are you using?

How are you powering the camera? The Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit?

gmoss

I'm using the Viofo 3 wire kit. The screen stays on for about 5 to 10 seconds after I unplug it and then fades out slowly. I'm using a Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select SD card. It seems to work fine as long as I don't turn on Parking mode. I am also on firmware version
Thanks,

Capture Your Action

I'm using the Viofo 3 wire kit. The screen stays on for about 5 to 10 seconds after I unplug it and then fades out slowly. I'm using a Samsung 256GB 100MB/s (U3) MicroSDXC EVO Select SD card. It seems to work fine as long as I don't turn on Parking mode. I am also on firmware version
Thanks,
Are you running it with WiFi always on? If so, it should be off unless using it to change settings via the app. This could cause interference from other electronics within the car, causing the camera to freeze up.
Does if freeze immediately when you turn it on or after it’s been in parking mode for awhile?
I would test your card with the free program H2testw to ensure the card is good. Be sure card is empty before testing.
Did you manually default the cameras settings after the update? You should also press the reset button on the side of the camera after defaulting the cameras settings.

gmoss

I was leaving the Wifi on as I didn't know this would be an issue. I turned it off, verified the settings, and let it sit in Parking mode overnight. It wasn't locked up when I checked it this afternoon but I then turned on Wifi, connected to it, and attempted to turn off recording through the app so that I could check the recordings. However, when I clicked on the button to turn off recording it locked up again. (Wifi had only been on for less than a minute at that point.) It would not turn off recording and the app was stuck with the spinning progress icon. I disconnected from Wifi on my phone and reconnected to the Wifi but it would not connect to the camera. At that point it was locked up again and the buttons on the unit no longer worked. The screen was stuck on and nothing could be turned on or off. I disconnected the power and it stayed on for about 10 seconds then slowly faded to black. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the SD card but I will test it anyway as well as try a different one. The only thing that seems to be common with the lockups is Wifi. I will also do a system reset by using the reset button and see if that makes a difference. Thanks,

Capture Your Action

Faulty or fake memory cards can cause software crashes, so definitely test out the card.

Just remember that the camera buttons will not work when WiFi is on.

If the camera is only freezing up when you turn on WiFi, then it's possible you have some kind of interference with another piece of electronics in the car. Another thing to try using the 12V car adapter and Viofo USB cable that came with the camera and see if you have issues then with WiFi on. You can also power the camera inside your house with the short USB data cable and wall USB power supply and see if it crashes then as well. If it only crashes when powered by the hardwire kit, try tapping into a different fuse for the red )Battery +) wire.

When you updated to V1.9, did you manually default the cameras settings in the menu? Did you also press the reset button on the side of the camera after defaulting settings? Both of these things should be done after updating.