Wireless Bluetooth Remote no connection

qmantran

I have owned my Viofo A129 since August 2021. I bought the Wireless Bluetooth Remote to pair with it. Everything worked fine until in May 2022. I noticed the Bluetooth remote lost connection with the camera.

I pressed and held the button on the remote and got a blue light and it connected with the camera. Everything worked OK.

Now 2 weeks later I find out the wireless Bluetooth remote lost connection again. This time holding the button to "pair" it will only blink red and never turn blue. I tried holding the button for 20 seconds and nothing. Only blinking red.

This is what I tried so far. My camera is on V1.5 Build 20210515
I can use the bluetooth on my phone to pair with the wireless viofo remote so that tells me the viofo remote is OK. The light turns blue when my phone pairs to the remote.

The remote will pair to my phone, but not to the camera unit.

There is another user that is also having similar problems Bluetooth Remote Not Working

Capture Your Action

I would try manually defaulting the cameras settings through the menu, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.

qmantran

Thank you. I have tried resetting the cameras settings to default multiple times no luck. I'll holding the button

qmantran

I would try manually defaulting the cameras settings through the menu, then press and hold the hard reset button on the side of the camera for about 5 seconds.
So I tried this today. I factory reset the camera using the menu option. Once it re-booted I used a small pin and press and held the reset button on the side of the unit for 5+ seconds and it rebooted again. Tried to pair the bluetooth remote and it still just blinks red for ~15 seconds. Tried multiple times and no luck.

When I go into the bluetooth settings on my cell phone and "scan" for nearby devices it does detect the viofo remote while it's blinking red.

That tells me the bluetooth remote is "emitting" a bluetooth signal because my cell phone detects it as a nearby device.

Once the viofo remote stops blinking red than it disappears from my cell phone bluetooth device list.

I created a ticket and VIOFO replied back and suggested buying a new bluetooth remote and trying it. I bought my current bluetooth remote August 2021 and they said they do not offer a 12 month warranty on the bluetooth remote.

I do not have high hopes that a new remote control will fix the issue. I feel like the bluetooth receiver within the Viofo A129 camera is the issue.

Capture Your Action

So I tried this today. I factory reset the camera using the menu option. Once it re-booted I used a small pin and press and held the reset button on the side of the unit for 5+ seconds and it rebooted again. Tried to pair the bluetooth remote and it still just blinks red for ~15 seconds. Tried multiple times and no luck.

When I go into the bluetooth settings on my cell phone and "scan" for nearby devices it does detect the viofo remote while it's blinking red.

That tells me the bluetooth remote is "emitting" a bluetooth signal because my cell phone detects it as a nearby device.

Once the viofo remote stops blinking red than it disappears from my cell phone bluetooth device list.

I created a ticket and VIOFO replied back and suggested buying a new bluetooth remote and trying it. I bought my current bluetooth remote August 2021 and they said they do not offer a 12 month warranty on the bluetooth remote.

I do not have high hopes that a new remote control will fix the issue. I feel like the bluetooth receiver within the Viofo A129 camera is the issue.
My guess would be the cameras Bluetooth as well.