Recent content by Bart57266

1. B

High-Pitched Noise, Ring, Squeal or Whine

I installed A129 Duo cameras, with 64 GB Viofo memory cards, in all three of our vehicles using the Viofo 3-wire hardware kit. Just one of the cameras emits a high-pitched ringing/squealing sound when on. The installation is not the problem, because we moved the ringing/squealing camera into...
  2. B

VIOFO IOS App update

Mine works, too. Thank you for the fix, Viofo!
  3. B

iPhone app crashes on playback of 1080 60p clips

Mine works, too. Thank you for the fix, Viofo!
  4. B

VIOFO IOS App update

My stats are very similar: iPhone 6s 128GB, IOS 12.1.1 Viofo App 11.7.8 connected with 5GHz-Band. A129 Duo with Firmware V1.5 When was the 11.7.8 update? My app worked fine on 3/13, but not from 3/4 onward.
  5. B

VIOFO IOS App update

Yep. Mine is crashing, as well, when trying to play one of the camera's videos while connected to it via WIFI (5G). Like you, I can download them just fine, and I'm using an iPhone 6s.
  6. B

iPhone app crashes on playback of 1080 60p clips

My Viofo iPhone app crashes as follows: Start WIFI on camera (5G) Connect to camera WIFI with iPhone (network name begins with "5G") Launch Viofo app Connect to camera Stop recording View clips (it displays all of them) Tap any clip that was taken in driving mode Tap play button (triangle in...
  7. B

Memory consumption

My files are about 122MB/min for each camera when driving. This is based on the app telling me the 3min clips are around 365MB each. I think my bitrate is set to "High". Doing the math... A 128GB card is 128,000 MB (or 131,072 if they still count it as 1024MB per GB) 128,000 MB / 244 MB per...
  8. B

Three Wire Kit Strangeness

Small world. I’m in the Orlando area, too.
  9. B

Yes, definitely to each his own. It has to work for each person, and I’ll bet no two set ups are the same. Yours does sound nice.
  10. B

Very good point. I’m a new user, and didn’t realize it powered up automatically, after being manually powered down. That’s a great feature that definitely eliminates the need for a switch.
  11. B

In parking mode, it only writes a fraction of the card space, compared to driving mode. For example, I noticed 3 min. clips in the parking mode “Low Bitrate” were about 90 MB, but 3 min. clips in driving mode are about 360 MB. This means 9 hours of parking only takes the space of about 2.25...
  12. B

If you set the 3-wire kit's switch to its highest setting (12.4V), wouldn't that eliminate the need for the switch you want to flip when parking the car long-term? In other words, you would let the camera go into parking mode, even when you know it's going to sit for several days. Then, when the...
  13. B

Rear camera cable and general socket/cable issues

Space in most boots is very tight. It may not be possible in some, so check it for extra space before going to the trouble of running your cable all the way up there. After doing this in two cars, I wondered whether it would be easier to make a bracket of some kind that would attach to the...
  14. B

YES, I forgot that step. The boot was disconnected at both ends. I'm going to update the original post to include it. Thanks Sandpiper!
  15. B

Tip for running rear cable through rubber boot, into hatch: Run a strong string through the boot, first (a small crochet hook works well). Tie string to rear cable, as close to its plug as possible. Wrap rear cable end (including pull string) with electrical tape, starting at its base and...