Recent content by mrpk

1. M

What is the VCC voltage ? What triggers parking mode ?

I plan to use manual toggle switches, to disable power completely or set it to parking mode while engine still running and so forth, i want to have control when its on and when its off, and also not to mention i will using the cig. ligt port not doing any taps behind the radio and all.
  2. M

V1.6_0721 problems

Btw you should try operating camera when it goes in parking mode, the controls are unlocked but buttons go wonky.. also try using special characters in station mode or turning power off, see if configuration stays saved or can connect with ssid with a space in it :). This is new issue to add to...
  3. M

Can't enable Wifi Station Mode

Si my responses in Red ! One more thing ... I might still return this camera next week .. if i just wanted a plain dash cam with no working wifi or proper parking mode or features, i would have just gone with TopGaurd or Autowell that are well under the 180 price range ...Not to mention the...
  4. M

I might be doing that too my Amazon Window closes in 2 weeks so.. and new firmware that fixes parking mode with power bank issue breaks parking mode with hardwire kit. Super annoying... This camera came out in early 2021 if not mistaken. They got a different model coming out already, maybe if...
  5. M

V1.6_0721 problems

https://www.viofo.com/community/index.php?threads/cant-enable-wifi-station-mode.27759/
  6. M

V1.6_0721 problems

Also i mentioned few other issues in another thread can they be looked at ? Like loosing station mode config on power off/disconnect. Random button behaviours like wifi turning off mic or locking video instead - noticed this when camera went into parking mode and came back out it.
  7. M

Unable to enter parking mode

Hey support, same issues I have. Instead of data cable maybe USB cable can be sent that works with power bank ? Not many find such cables or know that it can't be used to put camera in parking mode but it's strange the camera should go in parking mode irrespective of how it's powered on. If it's...
  8. M

Alright just did some tests. So acc and batt both need to be 12volt for normal recording mode or ignition on. When in parking vcc is 0 volts. If anyone doing a mod. I plan to actually have toggle switches to manually switch to parking and recording mode. This way at night while at home can...
  9. M

More updates - you can turn on wifi station mode again after you configure it again in app - so it's not saving the configuration and on power down wifi station mode settings get wiped. Also issue with 1.6 - you cannot plug in the camera to computer to look at video files, its not recognized...
  10. M

Sorry Josh, I ran into issues. It worked first time, i powered down the unit and it stopped working, i think settings do not get saved for station mode, so you have to enter wifi details every time it seems before it turns on and connects properly. So if power down camera it will not work the...
  11. M

Sir, it works well actually, the attached firmware i tried. I could not get it installed the first time, the camera did not flash, so had to take card out and use the card reader and put the file on the card. This worked - the direct computer to camera connection did not work to upgrade...
  12. M

Hi, I am trying to do a custom setup, where i will use my hardwire kit in conjunction with a powerbank (to supply power). What is the VCC voltage or output that triggers the parking mode on camera, so i can try replicating same behavior ? Does vcc receive 12 volt momentarily to trigger parking...
  13. M

Yes sir, i shall test the camera with default firmware first and also try out the attached firmware here..
  14. M

Sir i tried the firmware, it's full of errors/issues. I can provide detailed list of issues if interested, can be the beta tester :). Here is one of the bugs : -The recording cannot be stopped - i tried , it keeps coming back on. You simply cannot stop recording. 2nd bug : random button...
  15. M

Parking Mode not turning on

Sir i bought it from Amazon, i am returning it talked to the seller. It is having very strange errors, the date/time is also not working properly. It was showing recording date as sept. 7 when it was actually sept.5 or sept 6. Checked GMT as well it was set to right time zone as well. I will be...