Recent content by Mudwin

1. M

A129 Pro Duo died during update

I had to use the reset as unit didnt like 2.5 and wouldn't power up after attempting to update firmware. Battery pack and PC wouldn't power it but when I put it back into car it powered on and the update installed...
  2. M

Awful quality following firmware update

I had to use the reset as unit didnt like 2.5 and wouldn't power up after attempting to update firmware. Battery pack and PC wouldn't power it but when I put it back into car it powered on and the update installed. Sentings are back to default. Hopefully the front image quality will return...
  3. M

Awful quality following firmware update

Same problem. Rear camera is great at night (Can't drive in reverse everywhere just to get a great picture...;)). Front camera quality at night is like my first dashcam many years ago which was only 720p. Recently changed settings and turned on parking mode but can't remember old settings. Is...
  4. M

Random recordings whilst parked with parking mode turned off

I tried unlocking the car and locking it again last night and nothing recorded on memory card. I have attached screenshot of memory card that shows the random parked recordings highlighted in blue. The red highlight shows the only files recorded from the 112 mile trip. I started driving at...
  5. M

It’s not by choice. Only had this intermittent issue since receiving camera as a replacement. The camera doesn’t always run when ignition is off. Looking at the files on the memory card, there’s no pattern as to when it will happen. But for it to happen 4plus hours after the ignition was turned...
  6. M

Two issues:- random parked recordings and long periods of not recording whilst driving. I was sent a replacement camera which had signs of use prior to it being sent to me. Annoying but assumed it was refurbished stock. Now I'm thinking it wasn't refurbished or fixed. I first noticed one...
  7. M

Gps no signal how can I fix it

https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000111674-how-can-i-check-if-my-gps-is-working-fine-or-not- only sure way to see if the windscreen film is stopping signal would be to remove the gps mount from the windscreen, attach it to the rear of the camera and using your battery pack...
  8. M

GPS base stopped powering camera

Update: you were correct about it being the camera. I was initially sent new GPS mount and the GPS worked, but couldn’t get camera to power on with power connected via the mount. Camera only worked powered via the camera side connection. Then lost GPS again with some recordings as normal, some...
  9. M

Thanks for the advice. Am I correct in thinking that if everything was working as it should, with power connected direct to camera, the gps mount will take power from the camera and still work?
  10. M

Camera stopped working today. I was driving along and got the usual random two beeps. When I got to my destination I looked at the camera to see if I had record and mic lights. Both were missing. When I returned to the car and started the engine the camera did not power on. Next set of...
  11. M

random beeps

I seem to get more random (two beeps) occurrences when starting the engine with parking mode recording. I can't see the camera screen as its behind rear view mirror, except for the flashing record and the car symbol at the top. So if the beep is accompanied with a screen notification, I'll...
  12. M

Motion detection in parking mode

It would be nice to set auto event detection, using just the G sensor. I live on a busy main road and with motion detection on low, my memory card is full of hours of cars going past till voltage cutoff. There seems to be a few posts for previous cameras versions, about people wanting to be...
  13. M

how do i get live oicsrecordings on my phone?

Use the Viofo app and cameras wifi. Connect to the camera in the app and there's your live picture. Great for reversing but be mindful of local laws on touching phone while engine is running.
  14. M

random beeps

Just incase this helps narrow down the random beeps... I've only recently turn on the beeps and apart from today only heard the startup. Randomly I had three occasions of double beeping. Just two beeps then it stopped each time. Looking at the files it seems to create a small third time...
  15. M

Multiple problems with A129 Pro Duo

Not exactly the same, but today when trying to view an earlier incident, my pc kept asking me to insert memory card, when it was already in pc. Yesterday it saw it fine. Today I put the card into usb3 card reader plugged into usb3 port and it wouldn't see any files. First thing that alerted me...