Recent content by ViofoCanadaUser123

1. V

Purchases from Viofo website warranty question

I live in Ontario, Canada. Normally I purchase from Amazon Canada or Amazon USA. If I purchase a Viofo from Viofo directly (on the Viofo website), the same warranty applies as if I purchased it off Amazon Canada or BlackBoxMyCar (all located in Canada)? I mean even if I purchase Viofo from...
  2. V

Trying to connect by wifi to A139 3-channel issue

I have a new Viofo A139 3-channel. I already have a Viofo A129 Duo in the car. When I use the Viofo app, it only sees the Viofo A129 Duo and not the A139. Is this because the Viofo app can only connect to one Viofo dashcam model at a time? Is the solution to disconnect the A129 Duo before...
  3. V

How to view Viofo videos on iPad?

I am trying to export a Viofo A129 Duo video to an iPad and play it back. What is the best way to do this? Thanks.
  4. V

VIOFO A129 Dash Cam Firmware

I have also found the firmware info posted here confusing. All FW info should be preceeded by "For models A129 xx" followed by the FW version number. There should be a thread or list that states: If you own A129 Duo (original version and updated version 20xx) the following FW is available...
  5. V

Power bank and Parking mode setup solution (found !)

I have been using the BlackBoxMyCar Bi-750 and BE-750 for many months now including over our very hot summer, and it has worked very well. The battery case stays cool. So far I have been using the cig-lighter to charge both as I drive an hour or two each day. As winter approaches, I will need...
  6. V

VIOFO A139 does not power on from the car 1.5A USB socket

Let us know what the problem was so we'll learn together.
  7. V

Power bank and Parking mode setup solution (found !)

Is such a battery safe to use in a very hot environment like the interior of a vehicle in the summer? Or the opposite, freezing temps in the winter?
  8. V

What's going on? Parking Mode folder?

I have 2 Viofo A129 Duo. One from 2018 and one from 2021. I will have to check to see which one is doing this. But I see parking mode files are stored in Parking Mode folder. When did this start to happen?
  9. V

What causes more power usage for Plus and Pro versus original A129 Duo?

I am using the original A129 Duo with a BBMYC Bi-750. The battery runtime duration test results from BBMYC show that the Plus Duo and Pro Duo models run 10 hours less compared to the A129 Duo original. What is causing the extra power draw? Is the the 4k and 2k or is it more that the rear...
  10. V

Best Firmware for my 2.5 Years old A129 Duo for parking Mode?

I have FW 1.9 on my 2018 A129 Duo. I use the BlackBoxMyCar Bi-750 and Parking Mode works fine. I use the Spliced 3-Wire cable from BBMYC that came with the Bi-750. They tell me this cable will enable Parking Mode to work. Currently, I have the battery plugged into the cig-lighter (5 A)...
  11. V

Can Viofo A129 Duo support 512gb memory card?

Thanks. I read an earlier thread from March 2020 where there was talk about a possible change to support 512gb. I see that didn't happen.
  12. V

A139 parking mode

How safe is a Lithium Polymer battery for high temperatures in a car? I am just trying to learn. I currently own a Lithium Phosphate battery from BlackBoxMyCar called the BI-750. It is on the pricey side but I like it so far.
  13. V

Can Viofo A129 Duo support 512gb memory card?

I have the original A129 Duo. Can the A129 Duo support a 512gb card?
  14. V

Viofo A129 Duo plus - after setting it to Parking mode, the dash cam is not turning ON.

Bad news. My NEW Cellink NEO does not work anymore. Used it for 3 to 4 days. The blue lights no longer stay on. No beeps indicating if it's on or off. The NEO is no longer charging. The app on the NEO never worked correctly. It would display one setting such as Charging time but not...
  15. V

VIOFO A129 Dash Cam Firmware

I did not write "Pro" model anywhere. Can you show me where I wrote Pro other than just right now in reference to your post? If you are saying the link I provided is for the Pro model, that's different. To get to the link I had to scroll down to A129 Duo bypassing all the other newer models...