Search results

1. V

How can I differentiate the GPS and non-GPS mounts of A129?

Can you please check if the GPS icon on camera will be green after mount the GPS mount in 1 ~ 2 mins. If not then it should be a non GPS mount. You can also differentiate by weight. GPS mount is 18g and non GPS mount is 12g.
  2. V

Will the 4 to 5 second lapse of recording in parking mode be fixed via firmware update in future?

Is there any problem with 5 second lapse of recording in parking mode ?
  3. V

What's the frequency of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi on G3?

Wi-Fi frequency is 2.4GHz. Bluetooth range is 2.402-2.480GHz
  4. V

Can the A129 mount onto a standard tripod bolt?

Probably not. There is no screw hole on A29 camera
  5. V

Will the G sensor still operate if the vehicle is off but connected to the cigarette light ?

G-sensor will stop working. Since the A119 camera will be off automatically if vehicle is off as A119 is using capacitor instead of battery. If you need it works, then you need to connect the camera with your car battery by a hardwire kit.
  6. V

What is the difference between F2.8 4.1mm FOV 90° lens and F2.8 3.87mm 16M 90° FOV lens?

The focal length is different. One is 4.1mm and another one is 3.87mm. With long focal length, you can see further but the angle of view close to the camera will be small. You can see the following picture for reference.
  7. V

How to use and how does the mounts vary from action cameras?

Most of the mounts are universal for action cameras. With assembling the mounts to get it using on bicycle and helmet etc. You can check the mounts name below for a reference.
  8. V

My viofo A129 video recorded files are 0.3 MB to 0.7 MB? Is there any configuration or settings to change?

Can you please check if the 0.3MB, 0.7MB are pictures instead of videos?
  9. V

Is there a possibility to save the recording as PIP?

It doesn't support to save the recordings as PIP for now. You can use some free tools to complement it. https://superuser.com/questions/938458/how-to-put-a-video-in-a-corner-of-another-video
  10. V

Does the A129 only record at 30fps?

If you separately use A129 front camera, it supports 1080P 60FPS. A119S, A119 and A119 Pro are supporting recording at 1080P 60FPS.
  11. V

How can I use VIOFO APP when my phone does not support the app?

Our engineer will update VIOFO app as soon as possible. Please try to upgrade your app a few days later on your phone.
  12. V

Do any of your dash cams work over USB on an android car headunit?

Do you want to see the dash cam live video on your car headunit? You need to buy a AV out cable and A119 series, A129 are supporting AV out.
  13. V

How can I solve when showing a white screen?

Please try to update it to the latest firmware from the following link. If it is not working, would you mind to open the case and check the ribbon cable if loose connection ? https://support.viofo.com/support/solutions/articles/19000019600-viofo-a119-car-dash-camera-firmware
  14. V

Does the dash cam drain the battery if i leave it continuously plugged in?

It won't drain the battery. The camera will be power off automatically when your engine is off. As the A129 using capacitor instead of battery.
  15. V

How can I access the menu on my camera?

You need to stop recording first if it is in recording mode. Then press the menu button to access the menu.
  16. V

Does Gitup remote control have the ability to pair with multiple cameras, like GoPro?

You are correct the remote control can pair only one camera at a time. The wired shutter control can control 6 cameras same time.
  17. V

How to download pic from Git2 camera to mac book?

Pictures and videos are saved in the micro sd card. You can use the USB data cable connecting the Git2 with your Macbook. When connected, it will appeas mass storage and web camera. Choose mass storage and then copy the pics to your Macbook.
  18. V

For A129 Duo, what format does it use for the video, mov, mp2, mp4 or avi?

The video format is MP4 for A129 Duo.
  19. V

What’s the difference among the Waterproof Cover Cases for GitUp?

There two types cases for G3. > One case is 30 meters waterproof. > The other one is with open side (called Skeleton Case) which allow for charging and it is rainproof > And because we have 90° & 170° cameras ( 90° lens is longer than 170°) so there are waterproof cases seperately for 90° and...
  20. V

I cant set the date and time on our A119 nor on the A119S.

With the GPS connected, the date and time will be automatically synchronized locally and you need to first to select your time zone in the camera settings.