Search results

1. J

About to give up with WiFi

After my last update, I then went back to the car, plugged it all in as normal and it all worked, but I’m going to try again tomorrow, because I bet it won’t work tomorrow. The other thought I had was to change to 2.4 WiFi in case it was interference, but that was soo slow! So I just don’t...
  2. J

Update - I’ve removed the front camera from the car and powered it via a portable 5v power bank. With it removed from the car and powered via the power bank, the WiFi seems to work much better! Go figure! So could it be the rear camera, the wiring in the car ( it’s connected to the 2 wire...
  3. J

So is everyone implying that they have their Wi-fi working reliably?
  4. J

Yes, done all those things and more!
  5. J

I’m a driving instructor and the WiFi would be extremely useful to instantly playback and Driver errors or situations that occur while we are out and about driving. Lots of other dash cams say they have WiFi. Whether you view it as a gimmick or not, it SHOULD WORK if advertised as a feature!!!
  6. J

So here is a video of me trying to use the WiFi connection and VIOFO app. It’s just not reliable enough to use!
  7. J

So had the A129 duo for a while now, but about to give up! I’ve posted on this forum about my issue of never reliably being able to use the WIFI function. 99% of the time when I switch WIFI on to connect my iPhone, the iPhone can connect to the WiFi, however the app crashes (I’ve used Dod app...
  8. J

Camera ‘locking up’ when left in parking mode and Wi-fi problems

1. When Wi-fi is switched on I’m not trying to control it. 2. See attached photos 3. Where in the instructions does it say not to leave the Wi-fi on while parking? This for me is one of the best uses of Wi-fi. I can connect to the car from within my house to monitor live streaming! I can also...
  9. J

Sorry, not had a fix and also not had a fix from VIOFO either! In fact despite uploading a video of the problem to them, raised support tickets, they keep emailing me. But it’s obvious from their replies they either have not watched the video or they don’t want to admit that the Wi-fi on this...
  10. J

Wi-Fi Lock Problem

Yes, it would seem that this is a software issue. I’ve not pressed the power button to reset, but simply remove the camera from the mount until all the LEDs go out. I don’t lose the settings that way. If I leave Wi-fi switched off, the camera continues to record in parking mode without a...
  11. J

Also noticed that if I try to use Wi-fi, I can cause it to lock up?
  12. J

I’m not sure if the two are linked but I am on the verge of returning my newly purchased A129 Duo. I have installed both front and rear cameras using the two wire wiring kit to a permanent 12v supply. Therefore the cameras are live until the car battery drops below 11.8v. When driving, the...
  13. J

video display issue for ios

I also experiencing the same issue. I also have problems connecting via Wi-fi as well. Usually can connect once, then fails until I reset the camera.
  14. J

Wi-Fi Lock Problem

I also appear to have a similar problem. The left LED is flashing when I return to the car after leaving it parked and I have to reset the camera?