Search results

1. A

How Long Can Car Battery Power A129 Pro Duo in Parking Mode?

Yes, that was for the Duo. Here is the power consumption for A129 Duo Pro that Viofo sent me this morning: The power consumption of normal recording is about 5W. The power consumption of the parking mode is about 3.8W, the power consumption of parking mode - Time Lapse will be a little less...
  2. A

Thanks - a user said that he ran some tests - battery lasts 18 - 24 hours in parking mode at which point it is at the 11.8 V cutoff (so my hope of leaving parking mode on during 1 week trip is not going to work) The user also has some suggestions to extend the Parking Mode to 48+ hours...
  3. A

Thanks, but no power consumption info on DashCamTalk. I am looking for the amps/hour power consumption. With that I can calculate how long the battery can power the unit.
  4. A

Your response tells me nothing. I am looking for info on how long a battery will power the A129 - 1 day, 2 days .... 7 days.
  5. A

Would like to know how the different Parking Modes drain a battery. Anyone have a link or info?
  6. A

A129 Pro - WiFi is terrible. Camera stuck on, can't power off or change settings.

OCD Tronic (where I bought my A129 Pro Duo from) sent me a link they just got from Viofo to an updated firmware that fixed the problem with GPS conflicting with the app. I let them know it worked so it should be public soon.
  7. A

Can't Connect Via Wi-Fi A129 Pro Duo

OCD Tronic (where I bought the unit from) sent me a link to an updated firmware which fixed the problem. I'm very impressed.
  8. A

A129 Pro - WiFi is terrible. Camera stuck on, can't power off or change settings.

Yes, as long as GPS is off, the app works. If you turn GPS on through the app, the app loses connection to the camera - even though the wi-fi connection shows as active on your phone.
  9. A

I need the wi-fi to view and download the video to my phone while in the car which is the reason I bought this specific camera.
  10. A

I think it is problem with GPS. Read the other thread about the problem.
  11. A

GPS was on for the fail attempt. Multiple different attempts have narrowed it down to the GPS. Rear camera seems to not make a difference.
  12. A

... and back to not working. I turned off camera plugged in the rear camera, rebooted - and app failed. The I unplugged the rear camera, rebooted, app worked, then while on I connected the rear camera which appeared on the app. I went to settings on the app, then back to the Live View which...
  13. A

Now this is very strange - I plugged the GPS module back in, reconnected to power - and the phone app worked! Did Viofo do some auto-update???
  14. A

Ok, just tried without the GPS module and it worked! Is there a known problem with the GPS module? I need the GPS to show on the video. edit - this was just using the front camera, the rear camera was not plugged in.
  15. A

Turning off GPS is not an option as I need the GPS information on the video.
  16. A

What phone are you using? I'm wondering if it's an Android specific or iPhone specific problem.
  17. A

Yes, he/she specified that in his post which is why I posted that I am having same problem with the Pro Duo, a different camera, and asked what phone he is using so we can determine if it's the phone.
  18. A

I've got same problem with wi-fi, but my camera is the a129 pro duo which has a different firmware. What phone are you using?
  19. A

Understand - they need to update the forum - a129 pro duo fits in both - changed thread title to specify model