Search results

1. C

Multiple issues with A129 Pro Duo

I totally understand where you are coming from, but given the number of similar reports, I just don’t think it’s all due to faulty cards. Or maybe the device is extremely sensitive which in itself could be a tolerance issue. I am awaiting further response from VIOFO. I would prefer to test with...
  2. C

I haven’t. As it’s a material cost to buy another card. and if the problem is not related to the card then what do I do with 2 cards and a faulty device? as I said earlier, VIOFO needs to provide better debugging facilities instead of asking consumers to try this and that.
  3. C

My car is only 3 months old and the car was driven just prior, so a low voltage scenario in my case would be low. Have you contacted product support? At least get a replacement device under warranty to try?
  4. C

I think what the device is missing is a debugging mode where it would produce system logs for investigation. The log should say exactly what’s wrong. But so far a lot of the discussions here have been guess work, trial and error. The same for my support ticket with the product support team.
  5. C

The challenge is that the problem is intermittent. Some days there is no occurrence where other days there could be many. I had a new problem occurring yesterday where after parking in the sun for about 30 mins, the device started to restart repeatedly (at least that’s what the sound...
  6. C

After one more day of driving and no beeping issue, still on hard wired power supply.
  7. C

I believe the 12v adapter that goes through the car's cigarette lighter will not have power after the car is shut down. So how would parking mode work?
  8. C

Today, I had the beeping problem occurring 3 times, while the rear camera was not in use. So I can now confirm that the problem is not directly related to the rear camera. Of the 3 times, the camera was able to resolve the problem by itself once, after about 3 beeps. For the other two times...
  9. C

Video Encoding...

I have just tried playing my recording using QuickTime, on my late 2018 MBP 13" mid spec, and playback is also very very choppy! Identical result as if I use the MacOS preview function. VLC is fine. Details of my video file: https://share.getcloudapp.com/kpumAxA1 its a 10 mins clip recorded...
  10. C

I see... I had a professional doing the install, so I am reluctant to fiddle with it. As far as I am concerned, I have done everything right and have done enough testing of the product. Let's see how VIFIO support goes.
  11. C

I will try using the camera without the rear cam, and see how it goes. The hardwire kit I am using is from VIOFO. I have raised a case with VIOFO support and will report back as to what transpires.
  12. C

Video Encoding...

Does this mean H.265 (HEVC) will produce file (same duration, similar quality) at much smaller file size? This would be welcoming news as this means more can be recorded for the same micro-SD card. But if some Mac programs struggle with decoding H.264, wouldn't they be even worse with H.265?
  13. C

Over the past couple of days, the intermittent beeping (video recording stopped) issue has returned, multiple times a day. Some times, it would resolve by itself after a few seconds, others required unplugging the rear cam or removing the front camera from the mount. This is really not...
  14. C

Checked the footages again after 3 days, and found that: There was no recordings from the rear camera at all, and over the day there was no indication from the camera itself that something wasn't right. I just don't think the product is reliable enough. When I replugged the camera back in the...
  15. C

Thanks so much once again for the informative response.
  16. C

Thanks very much for your reply.
  17. C

Hi everyone, happy new year! I have been using a A129 Pro Duo for the past 2 months, hardwired by a professional, using a 128GB Samsung PRO Endurance memory card, on latest firmware (v1.1) but have experienced multiple issues: The time setting would always change itself to one hour earlier...