Search results

1. A

Power Port

If you're now powering the camera through a USB port, and that port is switched, then it's impossible for it to run your battery down. The camera will sense that power is interrupted and shut down when the car is turned off. If the USB port is always hot, then yeah, it will run down the battery...
  2. A

Dead Battery.... Wired wrong?

I asked some questions in your other thread to see if we can get to the bottom of your issue.
  3. A

Power Port

There are apparently some units that will allow parking mode to work properly when power is plugged into the port on the GPS mount (I assume this is what you mean by "top"), and some that don't. It looks like it was a running production change. The only way to know is to try as far as I know...
  4. A

parking mode stop working after 2 hours

That's the hardwire kit shutting off the camera because the battery has reached the threshold set. If you need it to go longer, you will need to use a powerbank of some kind.
  5. A

Power bank & parking mode setup

I feel you on the complicated path routing a rear camera. You'd think that the included 6m cable would be enough to get front to back in Mini Clubman, but you'd be wrong. After buying the 8m cable and getting it run I only had about 2'/60cm of slack left in the cable...
  6. A

A129 Duo car Speed not showing

As benkar said, you need the GPS module. It is the change in GPS coordinates that allows the camera to determine speed.
  7. A

motion detection parking mode not working, camera contentiously recording !...

Motion detection can only be so insensitive before it is useless, though I agree that an option to disable motion detection and only rely on g-shock would be a reasonable addition for those of us who park in communal parking lots.
  8. A

Power bank & parking mode setup

How do you figure the hardwire kit will void your car's warranty? If you're in the US, a modification can only affect warranty for a part that it affects. For example: you can't install the hardwire kit, then have your fuel pump die and have it declined because it is completely unrelated...