Search results

1. R

Parking mode question

So why is it that motion detected events are set to read only, effectively "locked"? In my testing the G-sensor files didn't get locked either, but I switched to low bitrate recording as I can't be bothered beta testing Viofo's firmwares
  2. R

Auto delete locked files

Still the same in 2.4 I don’t know if Viofo just don’t fully understand the problem, or don’t actually use the cameras they sell in their own cars.. But if you’re going to lock parking motion events, then at least reserve their own space so they can’t overwrite manually locked driving files...
  3. R

Auto delete locked files

What version is that firmware? If its 2.3 build 20210622 it doesn’t fully solve the issue, the manual locked files stay for longer but are eventually overwritten by motion detected parking file events While this is better than nothing it’d be nice of the motion detection events didn’t...
  4. R

Auto delete locked files

Just FYI this is still an issue 7 months later..
  5. R

RO/Locked Files Overwritten?

Agreed, I’ll revert back to 2.3 build 20210622 as wifi isn’t critical to my use case, though handy for the live view and quickly checking footage obviously Thanks for your help thus far, I appreciate it
  6. R

Checked this morning and the locked files are gone, so the 2.4 build didn’t work
  7. R

Manually locking a file works, ends up in the RO folder. I’ll report back tomorrow whether they’re still there. The gsensor trigger in parking mode should definitely end up in the RO folder too, if someone gives your car a love tap you might not otherwise notice unless you want to review hours...
  8. R

The video is saved but it’s not moved into the RO folder, and there is no lock icon next to the file in the parking files section either Wifi is working Settings are identical
  9. R

@viofo one regression so far is that gsensor tiggered events in parking mode don't end up in the RO folder This was working on 2.3 build 20210622
  10. R

Applied the firmware, wifi works but it wiped all the locked files Hopefully that is just caused by the upgrade, I'll create some locked files and see if they overwrite
  11. R

No worries, the good news with build 20210622 is that the RO files I took yesterday are still present: I'll try the attached firmware to see if wifi is fixed
  12. R

Ok, so the 256gb Samsung Evo Plus suffered the same issue with the RO files being deleted on 2.3 build 20210330. That rules out sd card brand.. So I upgraded to the 2.3 build 20210622 firmware in your latest post but unfortunately wifi doesn't work.. doesn't matter whether I use 2.4 or 5ghz the...
  13. R

Yep, though I just went out and bought a Samsung Evo Plus 256gb sd card to rule out the Sandisk o_O I'll try the attached firmware, thanks!
  14. R

The locked files have disappeared again, the RO folder is empty They were locked at 8:50PM last night and I'd only driven for an hour today There's 215GB free on the card So 2.3 hasn't helped, either the camera is faulty or something is wrong with the sdcard but I'm more inclined to think...
  15. R

Using a 256GB Sandisk High Endurance card Tests fine: I'll try with 2.3
  16. R

Not even 24 hours later, and not even a full sd card and the locked files I created 30/06/21 at 16:38 are gone And today: There's still 140GB free, so why are the locked files gone?
  17. R

I formatted the card last night via the camera, so I’ll create a manual event and see how long it stays
  18. R

If you reserve 30% of the storage for the RO folder then it should be irelevant as the camera can continue to loop the remaining 70% of storage.. Loop recording should not be able to overwrite locked files, locked files should only allowed to be deleted manually or overwritten when a new file...