2 Wire Kit v. 3 Wire Kit

Don_Perrignon

What's really the difference. My understanding is the two wire kit has been out for a while, but isn't specifically made for the A129. However, the three wire kit just came out and is made for the A129.

However, I ordered this combo kit that came with only a two wire, which works fine for a hard wire. So, what's the difference?

dondk

I have the same question.... I had the 2 wire professionally installed, then went home and found out about the firmware upgrade and now the 3 wire kit. I ordered the 3 wire kit, do I "really" need it or can I get away with the 2 wire kit

kucukaga

What's really the difference. My understanding is the two wire kit has been out for a while, but isn't specifically made for the A129. However, the three wire kit just came out and is made for the A129.

However, I ordered this combo kit that came with only a two wire, which works fine for a hard wire. So, what's the difference?

The 3 wire cable can detect that the car's ignition is switched off. 2 wire is trying to understand this situation with software.