6 cameras wired trigger

AMMIT

I have purchased a camera trigger for 6 cameras using them on a 360 setup.
One huge issue is that not all cameras starts. Sometimes (8/10) some of them will not start. There will be different ones so there is no connection issue. Mostly will be 1 camera but some times as much as 3 not starting making this device useless for 360 setups.
Is this a known issue or can you suggest a fix?
All cameras are running same config on 1.61 firmware.

Thank you !

sklba

HAHAHAHA. It's funny when someone links to you and you find it randomly while looking for solutions to your own problems.

So yeah, the wired trigger is basically garbage in my experience, but I have one little thing that seems help....hit the stop button first. For some reason, that seems to "clear" everything and give it a good start. Just hitting the start button alone has failed me 99% of the time. Hitting stop first, seems to be doing just fine. Even then, I still check to make sure everything is rolling first.

AMMIT

Endeed, i always use it like this. Even so it fails ...
If it triggers with pwm i will try a servi tester but need some research prior to that. Have you find a reliable solution to trigger them 10/10 ?
Thanks for help

sklba

Endeed, i always use it like this. Even so it fails ...
If it triggers with pwm i will try a servi tester but need some research prior to that. Have you find a reliable solution to trigger them 10/10 ?
Thanks for help

Nope. I haven't found a solution. Wanted to do the RF watch, but apparently you can't synch multiples cameras at once to a single watch. Everyone talks about the wired solution, but as you are finding out, it's not reliable at all.

Are you working with a Brahma rig?

AMMIT

Yes, Brahma it is. Maybe wifi but will cut down battery life even more. Hardwire then :)

sklba

Yes, Brahma it is. Maybe wifi but will cut down battery life even more. Hardwire then :)
I'm using the 6. Not happy at the end of the day really, but I gots what I got. Stitching has some real issues due to a lack of overlap. RAW photos are the only real advantage.

I have stayed away from the wifi because it kills the battery. I think the cameras get around 30 minutes of life with wifi on.

AMMIT

Despite loosing lots of shots for the trigger i am very happy with the results. I stitch them at 16mm on avp. Have nothing else for comparison. Also on brahma i think it can be fited with 6 18650 batteries.
If the triggering is solved ... lot of potential.
Ill post back if i find something reliable.