A119 Pro - introduction needed

JeanJensenDK

Hi there.

I'm a total rookie at this dash-cam-thing, and got myself a A119 Pro for my truck.

My thoughts with this camera was, that if I set the loop time to 1 minute and I hit the red triangle, the camera would record a file with 1 minute before I hitted the button and untill I hit [REC], and saved that file.

As far as I can tell, the camera saves 1 minute files - constantly, untill I turn off the camera. This will generate a ton of clips that I don't need...

Summary:
I only wish to save the files where I have hitted the red triangle and stopped the recording by hitting [REC]. How do I set this up in the settings?

Regards
Jean

JeanJensenDK

Example:
I have approx. 7 hours drive every day, and I only want to save movie clips I choose "on the go" ...:

- A driver in front of me, is doing a crazy maneuver. I press the red triangle and because I have looped for a minute, my saved clip starts a little before the event and ends when I stop the recording.

In this way I don't have to have 7 hours and 57 minutes of useless material ...

If possible, how?

Capture Your Action

That’s not the way dash cameras work. They are always constantly recording. The files are broken up into small files based on the looping time selected (1 min, 3 min, 5 min, 10 min).

JeanJensenDK

Hi CYA,

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated!

I have maybe just hoped, that I could use the red triangle in the same way as the G sensor...

Thanks anyway, I'll then change the SD card into a 128 Gb, so I can record all my 7-8 hours daily drive, and then remember approx time for some interesting scenary, edit that and skip the rest. Thanks :cool:

Capture Your Action

You can still use the ! Button to save wanted files. If you see something you know you want to save, press the ! Button and that currently recording file will be saved in the RO folder, just like a g-sensor file. All regular recordings go into the movie folder.