a119 v2 not shutting down

evannn

i have the a119 v2 thats hardwired into my car so it always has power for park mode. its been working great for about 3 months however about a week ago it decided to turn itself on overnight and over the course of about 2 days the camera ran almost continuously and killed the battery (i didnt drive it in this time). ive been trying to figure out what happened and best i can come up with is that the camera never shuts itself off and goes into park mode anymore when the car shuts off. ill drive somewhere ,shut the car off, go shopping, come out and the camera will still be running like i was driving my car the whole time.

anyone experience this problem

thanks

Capture Your Action

Tap into a different fuse. Test it with a multimeter to confirm that the fuse actually shuts off when engine is off.

evannn

its been in this fuse for months working perfectly . i want it in a hot fuse so i can use parking mode when the car is off

evannn

tried a different hot fuse and its the same result .dash cam starts up with the car but when i shut down the car the cam doesnt go into park mode. thinks the car is still runnning

Capture Your Action

tried a different hot fuse and its the same result .dash cam starts up with the car but when i shut down the car the cam doesnt go into park mode. thinks the car is still runnning
If parking mode is set to motion detection, then it won’t enter parking mode when it senses any motion. The slightest movement can trigger it, even if it’s not obvious to your eyes. The A119S needs about 5 minutes of no motion to enter parking mode.

evannn

Thanks

The motion sense and time lapse are both selected off with only the parking mode selected on.

Capture Your Action

Parking mode uses a time lapse setting. On the A119 series, you need 5 minutes of the camera not detecting any motion before it will enter parking mode. It's possible your camera is picking something up, even if you do not see it. A blinking light could be detected. Also, keep in mind that since you have it wired to an always on fuse, the camera will never actually turn off. It will consume a little less power, but it is still on.