A119 v2 with latest firmware. Time and date always reset after a few days

Mohammed

I had this A119 v2 two years ago. I started having a problem one year after usage where time and date reset on its own for no reason. Firmware is the latest (v4.0) and all videos are saved with no problem except for the time and date always reset and start from 01/01/2018. I have to correct the time/date every week which is annoying. If I ignore the issue I'll end up with a mess where finding a specific footage is very hard because I have to watch them all.

Is it the capacitors? but I don't think so because if it is the capacitors then videos shouldn't be saved.
I would like to know the power source the cam use to remember the time/date.

Kind regards,
Mohammed Kadhim

Capture Your Action

There is a small button Battery that holds the date and time. Replacing is possible, but not easy. Try to give the battery a long charge. Bring the camera inside and power it via a usb wall charger. Turn on motion detection, but cover the lens somehow so recording stops, but camera still runs. Let it run like this for about 24 hours or so to give the battery a good charge. If this does not help, reinstall the firmware.

Mohammed

I charged the cam overnight but sadly it retained date for only two days. After that the time/date reset it self to 1\1\2018. Looks like I need to replace the RTC battery. Any advice? I can do soldering but are there any recommendations? Like what the type of the battery because I've never used this type of battery before so I need to know the exact name of the battery so that I can buy it online somewhere. Also I took the cam apart to take a quick look at the battery and I think it is soldered from top is that right?
Any info is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Capture Your Action

The positive and negative prongs come soldered to the battery, you just need to desolder from the board. Contact Viofo for a replacement RTC battery to ensure you get the correct one.