A119 V3 Delete automatically locked files

Benito

Hi, I've a viofo a119v3. Dashcam delete automatically locked files in "RO" folder, and it is frustrating for me?
Someone has the same problem?
I've 2.3 firmware, but I also tried to install 2.0 but nothing change. I've a 64gb sandisk sd card class 10 and parking mode activated with "auto event" mode. Is it a problem with parking mode? How can I fix it?
I ask to viofo support, but they didn't help me :(

Capture Your Action

How many files are in the RO folder? Files in the RO folder will eventually start to loop to make room for newer locked files.

Benito

Max 1/2 files. However, for example, the files that are in the RO folder and that have dates (example) April 12 are deleted, but those of April 9 or 10 are still kept in the main "movie" folder

Capture Your Action

The RO folder has a size limit, though I don't recall what it is. You say it only has 1/2 the files Max, do you know what the size limit is?

Remember, regular driving files have their own looping, independent of other file types. When regular driving files loop, parking mode and RO files are not included in that.

Benito

Viofo said me that the limit is 200 files in RO folder.
In theory, while the files in the root folder are looped, those in the RO folder should stay there almost forever until I delete them myself. But this is not the case, and after a very short time they disappear

Capture Your Action

I'll run some tests with a unit I have here and see what happens. I thought the 200 file number was for parking mode files, but maybe it's a combination of parking mode files and RO files.
FYI, I believe the RO folder files will eventually loop to prevent old one's from allowing new ones to be saved, but I have not tested this.

Benito

I also thought this. however, the new RO files are deleted and the "standard" ones kept for much longer. i think it's more of a bug, but i don't know how to avoid it

Capture Your Action

The card allocation for the regular driving files is much larger, so it makes sense that they are kept longer.

Benito

but it makes no sense that an old non-RO video is kept and an almost newly captured RO video is deleted

Bahram

Hi
Do you test with another memory card?
maybe your memory card is damaged
Or maybe it need format during long use.
so Format it then test it
if issue still remain test with another memory cad