A119 V3 Missing Driving Footages between Parking Footages

epiceric6

Hi All,

I recently got A119 V3 and get it professionally installed with hardwire kit.
Card is a formatted Sandisk Endurance 32GB.
The problem now is that, there is a chance that the A119 V3 will not resume to normal recording mode when I start up my car.
Actually, it won't recording anything, not Parking footage nor Driving footage, leaving that trip not recorded.
After I arrive my destination and stop the engine, it will go into buffered parking mode correctly and start recording if motion is detected.
As you can see in the pic, footage was missing and not until 14:15.
Between 12:34 and 14:15, I drive the car for 5 minutes, parked the car for about 90 minutes, and ignited the car again at 14:10.
At 14:15, I'm already driving for a few minutes, so the dashcam come back to life randomly, but not immidiately after my ignition at around 14:10.
This happened twice now after only 3 days of use. Is there a possible explaination?

Capture Your Action

What firmware version are you on? Update to latest if not already.

Did you format the card inside the camera or on your computer? Card should always be formatted in the camera itself before using. If card has been removed from the camera and place in another device for any reason, it should be formatted again once placed back in the camera.

Your using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit?

epiceric6

What firmware version are you on? Update to latest if not already.

Did you format the card inside the camera or on your computer? Card should always be formatted in the camera itself before using. If card has been removed from the camera and place in another device for any reason, it should be formatted again once placed back in the camera.

Your using the Viofo 3-wire hardwire kit?
Thank you for your swift reply.
Firmware is v1.03, should I try the 2.00?
I format the card in the camera.
And yes I'm using the geniue HK3 Kit.

epiceric6

V2.0 seems stable, so worth a try. Did you update the camera to V1.03 or did it come with it?
On V2.0 now and seems stable and not missing footages anymore.
I tried Samsung Evo Plus 64GB and also Sandisk Endurance 128GB and they both work fine.
My camera is purchased from Authorized Reseller in Australia and it comes with V1.03

Capture Your Action

On V2.0 now and seems stable and not missing footages anymore.
I tried Samsung Evo Plus 64GB and also Sandisk Endurance 128GB and they both work fine.
My camera is purchased from Authorized Reseller in Australia and it comes with V1.03
Just be sure to manually default the cameras settings, then press and hold the reset button for about 5 seconds. Even though most settings default to the new firmware, some might get left behind from previous version and cause issues

Stras

Card should always be formatted in the camera itself before using. If card has been removed from the camera and place in another device for any reason, it should be formatted again once placed back in the camera.
Is this a personal experience? Or is there any subjection in any VIOFO documents?

Capture Your Action

Is this a personal experience? Or is there any subjection in any VIOFO documents?
I have certainly had cards either give me trouble or not work in my dash camera after using it in another device (until I format it inside the camera). However, this is a fairly common practice. Some users claim they never do and don't have any issues, while other find they do have issues if they don't do it. So it's just a good practice to avoid any potential issues. Cards placed in Apple devices seem to have more of an issue.