A119S V2 + GPS mount + 3-wire kit for parking mode

PeterSpie

Hello,

I recently bought a A119S V2 and completed it with a kit (A CPL filter and a Hardwire kit).

Because I was going on holiday, and desperately wanted the camera to work, I installed it (took me less than 20 minutes, including the wiring to the fusebox).
I connected the black wire to the minus of the car, and the red and yellow wire both to the continous + in the fusebox (used a Fuse Tap Adapter for this), and the USB-connector to the GPS-mount.

Now, I am back from Holiday, and want to connect it "how it should be", so I can use parkmode or motion detection mode. Is this possible?
Or is parking mode or motion detection mode not possible for this device?

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards, Peter

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

Hello,

I recently bought a A119S V2 and completed it with a kit (A CPL filter and a Hardwire kit).

Because I was going on holiday, and desperately wanted the camera to work, I installed it (took me less than 20 minutes, including the wiring to the fusebox).
I connected the black wire to the minus of the car, and the red and yellow wire both to the continous + in the fusebox (used a Fuse Tap Adapter for this), and the USB-connector to the GPS-mount.

Now, I am back from Holiday, and want to connect it "how it should be", so I can use parkmode or motion detection mode. Is this possible?
Or is parking mode or motion detection mode not possible for this device?

Can anybody help me with this?

Regards, Peter
There is a parking mode for the A119S, but the 3-wire kit is not supported on the A119S. The way you have it connected acts like a 2-wire kit, so you can just leave the connections as is. Just turn on parking mode settings in the A119S. It takes 5 minutes of no motion for the A119S to enter parking mode (not 100% sure the time is 5 minutes, could be 2 minutes. I know Viofo has adjust it, but not sure if they adjusted all their models the same way).

PeterSpie

Thanks for your reply.
I will leave the wiring "as is".

One more question: In the menu I can choose for "Motion Detection". What would the purpose of this, when I can not use it?

Regards, Peter

Last edited:

Capture Your Action

The motion detection in the menu on the A119S is for regular driving mode. It’s supposed to sense when car is in motion and when it’s not. After a short period of time, it would stop recording if it didn’t sense motion, but this is a feature that is unreliable in all dash cameras and should be left off. This is not related to motion detection that is part of parking mode.