A119V3 - Stuck on "VIOFO" when launching

Whateveer

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm currently experiencing an issue known from A119/A119V2 - when launching, my V3 makes looped starting sound couple of times and then it launches, but with "VIOFO" logo instead of camera view.

I tried to fix it with a loader, but apparently it doesn't seem like using it at all. Reset and reinstall of firmware don't help. Is there any other way to make it alive?

Capture Your Action

Where did you get the loader file from?

Try powering without a memory card.

Make sure your supplying plenty of power. Don’t use your computers or cars USB ports. Use the 12V car charger and supplied Viofo USB cable.

Power camera directly, not through the GPS mount (if your using one).

Whateveer

Hi,

I apologize for the delay in response. The loader for V3 is not available, so I tried using loader for V1/V2, which doesn't work (I've also tried renaming it with V3 suffix, doesn't help).

There is a progress - after several loops of start sounds the cam launches itself and I'm able to get to the menu, but instead of camera view there is "VIOFO" logo in the background and device often freezes. I formatted Viofo's MicroSD card and uploaded correct FWA119V3.bin, but that doesn't help. I'm using solid 5V2A charger to check it at home and genuine Viofo charger in the car. My camera has always been powered by GPS mount, but switching power supply directly to the cam also doesn't help.

I read about reconnecting one of the wires inside the camera. That would void the warranty, but it's useless anyway as my device came from China (from Viofo as a seller, but still can't imagine sending it back).

Capture Your Action

You cannot use any other loader, other than the loader specific to the A119V3. The loader file loads very fast, you actually don't even notice that it does anything, but it does install. If you renamed the V2 loader file to that of the V3 loader file, then you may have done more harm than good here. You should contact Viofo directly and ask them for the correct loader file for the A119V3.

Whateveer

Well I might, but it wouldn't be any more useless than it is now. Luckily I'm stuck at the same point as at the beginning.

Thank you for the suggestions, I asked the support for help.

coolwing99

I have the same problem and the camera is brand new. Stuck on logo screen when powered up, I tried to install the firmware 10 times and no success (tried different microSD card and cables). Where can I find the loader file for v3? Thanks

Capture Your Action

I have the same problem and the camera is brand new. Stuck on logo screen when powered up, I tried to install the firmware 10 times and no success (tried different microSD card and cables). Where can I find the loader file for v3? Thanks
You will need to ask Viofo for the loader file. If it's brand new, maybe just ask your seller for a replacement.

coolwing99

You will need to ask Viofo for the loader file. If it's brand new, maybe just ask your seller for a replacement.
I bought it from the Viofo website and had been in contact with their Support for the past 2 weeks. No signs of them wanting to exchange or refund..I might need to reach out to my credit card company.

Whateveer

Mine was bought on Aliexpress. I contacted official support, they have provided me with an address and asked me to send the device back. There's no loader for V3. In my case the support was super helpful and resolved the issue quickly.

coolwing99

Mine was bought on Aliexpress. I contacted official support, they have provided me with an address and asked me to send the device back. There's no loader for V3. In my case the support was super helpful and resolved the issue quickly.
Lucky you..my support guy kept asking me to upload a video for the third time, I already uploaded 2 videos for them to troubleshoot and he just told me to re-install the firmware until it works. Well it didn't work and he hasn't offer the option to send it back.

Whateveer

It's strange, since your device is brand new. Let's hope that the problem with support is only related to pre-christmas time, when the number of queries is significant. Hopefully you will be eventually able to replace your cam.

coolwing99

It's strange, since your device is brand new. Let's hope that the problem with support is only related to pre-christmas time, when the number of queries is significant. Hopefully you will be eventually able to replace your cam.
They've asked me to send the device back to China but looks like I have to cover for shipping. Seems unfair since the camera arrived defective.

champyron

Just the VIOFO logo happened to my new A119v3. Viofo uk took it back and sent a new one.