A129 DUO 3 WIRE HARDWARE KIT

Poneill

Could you tell me or send a link to how i should connect the three coloured wires - the Black is Earth, the Red is Live, but where does the Yellow wire connect to?

VIOFO-Swin

The HK3 ACC hard wiring cable must be professional installed to the vehicle by a trained mechanic and some professional tools.
So we suggest you to go to the dash cam installation shop.

CPT

Hi everyone - I just ordered my A129 duo and the official 3 wire hardwire kit to replace my two A119s. I often go to locations in my vehicle that do not permit filming, so with previous cameras I had wired a SPST switch in-line to disable the camera. With this model I am assuming the ACC (yellow) just wakes up the cams when the vehicle is started and minimal power is drawn from battery (red) for the parking mode. So should just wiring a SPST switch to the red wire achieve what I want?

guyshuster007

Hi everyone,
I have A129 and just installed the 3 wire kit as described. ACC power to after switch fuse, Battery to always power battery fuse, and Ground.
I turned the switche at the 3 wire box to 12V/24V.
And Turned On the parking Mode.
The camera still works as before, it dose not record when i switch the engine Off.
I dont understand whts wrong.
Please Help.
Guy

Attachments

peachumz

I have also just installed an A129 Duo with the 3 wire kit and initially had it set to record at 1fps in parking mode. I've seen the MP4 and so I know it worked for me at least once. Now I have changed it to automatic detection and I'm also getting nothing but I think that is how it is supposed to work` unless an event is detected. Then I think it does full recording but I need to test it out.

peachumz

I have mentioned in a few of my tickets to Viofo that they need an FAQ which they have agreed to and are looking to implement soon. Not that it helps us, but should halve the number of forum questions going forward!

walksonair

This is the KEY phrase when using the HK3 kit: "Please notice this auto switch between normal recording and parking mode recording only works if the cable is connected to the camera directly, not through the GPS mount."

Capture Your Action

This is the KEY phrase when using the HK3 kit: "Please notice this auto switch between normal recording and parking mode recording only works if the cable is connected to the camera directly, not through the GPS mount."
The camera or mount power port can be used. The older A129's, manufactured a few years back, did not support the 3-wire kit when powering through the mount, but all cameras manufactured after that do support it.