A129 Duo question about parking mode after FW update

predatorfe

Hello all, I recently installed a A129 duo with the GPS mount.
I used the HK3 hardwire kit, and everything was working fine. I was powering the cam trough the gps mount.
Today I upgraded the firmware from 1.9 to 2.1 and the parking mode no longer works. The camera just keeps recording as if is in drive mode.
Then I remembered something I read on the HK3 page, that for parking mode to work the camera has to be powered directly and not trough the mount.
I tried doing that and surprise, the cam recognized the parking mode after about one and a half minutes with ignition off.
So my question is, how is it possible that with 1.9 firmware it was working even if powered trough the gps mount? And is it possible to have it working again like before? Else I will have to redo a bit of wiring, no big deal.
Thanks for any answers

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

Could you please downgrade the firmware to V1.9 to test if the GPS Mount has a problem?

The attached file is the firmware of V1.9.

Attachments

Capture Your Action

A delay in entering parking mode was added in some firmware versions (definitely after V1.9). Try V2.1 again powering through the mount and see if the camera enters parking mode within 2 minutes.

predatorfe

Thanks for your answers.

Here are the results of the tests i conducted:

Firmware 1.9:

- Powered trough the GPS mount:

Camera switches to parking mode after about 5 minutes but does not switch back to drive mode after ACC is on. (I waited for 10 minutes)
Parking mode G-sensor not working, only motion detection.

- Powered trough the USB port on the camera:

Camera correctly switches in and out of parking mode with no delay.
Parking G-sensor still not working, only motion detection.

Firmware 2.1:

Camera stays in drive mode, keeps recording normally and does not switch to parking mode at all. (I waited 10 minutes)

Camera correctly switches to parking mode after 90 seconds, and back to drive mode when ACC is turned on with no delay.
Parking G-sensor is working, on high sensitivity rocking the car triggers an emergency recording (as it should be).
Also the parking motion detection (set on low) seems to work a little better.

Some additional info: the GPS mount is getting signal, and displaying speed and coordinates correctly.
Parking mode is set to "Auto event detection".
I conducted the tests while the battery was connected to a charger, so as to not have problems with the voltage dropping.

So it looks like FW 2.1 and direct power to the camera is the way to go :D

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your answers.

Here are the results of the tests i conducted:

Firmware 1.9:

Camera switches to parking mode after about 5 minutes but does not switch back to drive mode after ACC is on. (I waited for 10 minutes)
Parking mode G-sensor not working, only motion detection.

Camera correctly switches in and out of parking mode with no delay.
Parking G-sensor still not working, only motion detection.

Firmware 2.1:

Camera stays in drive mode, keeps recording normally and does not switch to parking mode at all. (I waited 10 minutes)

Camera correctly switches to parking mode after 90 seconds, and back to drive mode when ACC is turned on with no delay.
Parking G-sensor is working, on high sensitivity rocking the car triggers an emergency recording (as it should be).
Also the parking motion detection (set on low) seems to work a little better.

Some additional info: the GPS mount is getting signal, and displaying speed and coordinates correctly.
Parking mode is set to "Auto event detection".
I conducted the tests while the battery was connected to a charger, so as to not have problems with the voltage dropping.

So it looks like FW 2.1 and direct power to the camera is the way to go :D
Good test!

Generally, direct power can supply enough and stable power. It's more reliable.

predatorfe

Yup, as i said in the first post i remember reading in some page that this should be the correct way of powering the cam when using the hardwire kit.
But i can't find that page anymore, or maybe the text has been edited. Would be a good idea to add it back if it is known that powering trough the GPS module causes issues when using the HK3.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Yup, as i said in the first post i remember reading in some page that this should be the correct way of powering the cam when using the hardwire kit.
But i can't find that page anymore, or maybe the text has been edited. Would be a good idea to add it back if it is known that powering trough the GPS module causes issues when using the HK3.
I searched for it without any result. But I suppose this post also can help someone in the future.