A129 Plus Duo Radio Interference

seecam

I have just purchased the A129 Plus Duo and it interferes with some radio stations. Of course of them is the one I listen to 95% of the time. Has anyone else experienced radio interference? The station is about 40 miles away but normally I can go 75 miles or so before I loose it.

It seems to be caused by the rear camera. If I disconnect the rear camera the station comes in fine. Not sure if i just have a bad one or it's common.

Capture Your Action

You may need to reroute the rear cable. Cable may be run too close to the antenna wire. You can also try some ferrite cores.

seecam

Thanks, but not sure how else to route the cable and have it hidden. It's tucked into the top of the headliner along windshield. I believe the antenna is the black ring around the windshield, so you are correct it's close.:) I tried a choke at the connection of the rear camera to the front which did not help.

Capture Your Action

Some have had luck placing one Ferrite at the front camera end and one at the rear camera end.

Malsut

I have just purchased the A129 Plus Duo and it interferes with some radio stations. Of course of them is the one I listen to 95% of the time. Has anyone else experienced radio interference? The station is about 40 miles away but normally I can go 75 miles or so before I loose it.

It seems to be caused by the rear camera. If I disconnect the rear camera the station comes in fine. Not sure if i just have a bad one or it's common.
Thank you for the article, it's really great, I love listening to the radio too

Malsut

Thank you for the article, it's really great, I love listening to the radio too. Radiofrench.fr is a radio station specializing in providing genres such as music, news, sports...and many more.

Cmk

I have the exact same issue and got it the same time you got yours. What article? Where???

Last edited:

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
I have the exact same issue and got it the same time you got yours. What article? Where???
Hello,

Could you please tell me more details about the issue you meet? Did your dashcam also experience radio interference?

Did you check if the rear cable stays too close to the antenna wire?

Cmk

The antenna is on the top of my car in a “fin”. When the dash cam is plugged in all the radio stations are garbled and static on them. When I unplug the dash cam the stations are perfectly clear. I have a 2019 Subaru Outback. Subaru had told me the rear dash cam should not interfere with the antenn being it is mounted on top of the car not within a window. The dash cam videos all look good to me.

Capture Your Action

The antenna is on the top of my car in a “fin”. When the dash cam is plugged in all the radio stations are garbled and static on them. When I unplug the dash cam the stations are perfectly clear. I have a 2019 Subaru Outback. Subaru had told me the rear dash cam should not interfere with the antenn being it is mounted on top of the car not within a window. The dash cam videos all look good to me.
My antenna is a fin on the roof as well. When the camera is attached to the rear window, my reception is very poor. Once I take the rear camera off the mount and move it 3-5 inches away, the reception recovers. I think there is some antenna embedded in the rear window as well, which is why this happens. Try moving the rear camera away from the rear glass and see if it improves.
In my case it has something to do with the rear window (embedded antenna), but in your case, it could be that you routed the cable too close the antenna and it's wiring.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
The radio interference is usually caused by the exposed part of the electronic products' cable.

We suggest you unplug the rear cable and see waht happens.