A129 Pro Duo not waking up?

Jfungy

Hello ,
I recently installed VIOFO A129 Pro Duo into my 2018 Rav4. I installed my 3 wire hardwire kit with the red wire into a constant 10A for the sunroof and yellow wire goes to the ACC with 7.5A.

The A129 is on for sure throughout the night (recording or not I do not know) as when I wake up to scrape frost off the windshield there’s a warm circle around the A129 area that is melted.

When I get in to start the car, this is where it’s not reliable. Sometimes I get the boot sound and viofo graphics - indicating the dash cam is exiting parking mode and going into driving mode. That is best case scenario.

More often than not, the dash cam has both the red LED indicating it’s recording (?) BUT when I try to check it it’s responsive, I try pressing the button that toggles viewing mode between front/rear camera and nothing happens. I try to press stop recording or any other button and nothing happens. Eventually I have to resort to unplugging the microusb and replugging it after the red lights turn off.

Is anyone experiencing similar issues?

Thank you

Capture Your Action

Is the camera running V1.1? Update if not.

If your getting a boot sound and the Viofo logo after starting your car, then the camera was actually off and not in parking mode. Did you test your fuses with a meter?

Jfungy

Is the camera running V1.1? Update if not.

If your getting a boot sound and the Viofo logo after starting your car, then the camera was actually off and not in parking mode. Did you test your fuses with a meter?
I’ll remove it to see what firmware and to update it if needed. It might be off, because it has drained my battery below the 12v cut off I’ve set?

Thanks for the heads up!

dawnchorus6010

Double check your wiring.
But this sounds similar to the issue I am experiencing.
The camera often reboots twice when I turn the car on.
I often find the camera turns itself off on hot days too. Bit of a waste if the temp is so low considering summer days in australia.