A129 Pro Duo Packing Mode power supply

Samuel

Hello

I am my A129 Pro Duo installed with hardwire kit, can I still use a powerbank like in this video? (
)
There way my car battery wont drop too low?

Thanks

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
Hi Samuel,

We recommend using a larger capacity power pack to supply your dashcam. That one in the video is not recommended. It's only suitable for having tests.

If you'd like parking mode, the HK3 hardwire kit is highly recommended which can accurately get the ACC signal for switching to the parking mode. Otherwise, the dashcam only can enter the parking mode by detecting no motion detection in 5 mins which is not accurate.

Samuel

Thank you, If I already installed the dash cam with HK3 hardwire kit, can I still plugin a powerblank?
Because I am not driving much lately, and parking on the side way outside my house. I want to have parking mode on.

Thanks

VIOFO-Support

Administrator
If you want to both use a power bank and the parking mode, I would recommend you have a look at the power packs sold by Blackboxmycar.
The picture below is from Blackboxmycar. There are two wire installation manners available. Let's call the left: Manner 1, the right: Manner 2.

If you wire the power pack with your dashcam according to manner 1, the dashcam will enter the parking mode when the ignition is off. But you have to remove the current HK3 hardwire kit and rewire the HK3 to the power pack.

If you choose manner 2, the dashcam can enter parking mode by detecting no motion detection in 5 mins. But that detection may be not accurate. The parking mode may don't work sometimes. While, in this way, you only need to unplug the HK3 and plug the provided long USB cable that came with the dashcam into the main camera when parking your vehicle on the sideway outside your house.

Considering your demand for parking mode, I would recommend the manner 1.