A129 with Hardwire kit 3 installed without going to the fuse box

Derrik_viofo

Is it possible to install the hardwire kit 3 without going to the fuse box but rather simply splicing into the correct wires. I.E. splice the battery (red) wire to a wire that is connected to always on, ACC (yellow) wire to a wire that only comes on when the ignition is in the on position and splice the ground (black) to a ground wire?

Mar.S.

There is no difference between your connection and direct connection to the fuse box.

benkar

Is it possible to install the hardwire kit 3 without going to the fuse box but rather simply splicing into the correct wires. I.E. splice the battery (red) wire to a wire that is connected to always on, ACC (yellow) wire to a wire that only comes on when the ignition is in the on position and splice the ground (black) to a ground wire?
Yes, I think it is possible, but where will the fuses be? You should provide the power cables with separate fuses. Is not it better to buy those fuse boxes and plug them into a fuse box?

Mar.S.

Well, of course, it will be better if he connects the power through the fuse. But the question was not "how best to do."

Derrik_viofo

Thank you guys for your replies. I found that parking mode is working but the camera goes off when I activate the alarm. I will have to check the always on wire that I’m tapped into.

GilesP

Maybe a bit late to the party, but this might prove useful:
The best place to tap in if you're reluctant or unable to get to the fusebox would be the stereo - this typically has a permanent and accessory/switched supply, is fused adequately, and is often on a connector that is easy to figure out which cable is which. Some stereo wiring is also tied into the alarm (my audi is, for example).

Derrik_viofo

Thank you. Everything is working perfectly now. I replaced the hardwire kit with a new one as I believe it may have been damaged by the installer. When he put the new one in I asked him to store it near the glove box. He also made a comment that he followed the installation instructions for wiring exactly this time. He said he installs a lot of audio equipment and for that the red wire is always the ACC while the yellow wire is Battery.. (hhhmmm). in any case my camera is working great with parking mode working now.

benkar

Thank you. Everything is working perfectly now. I replaced the hardwire kit with a new one as I believe it may have been damaged by the installer. When he put the new one in I asked him to store it near the glove box. He also made a comment that he followed the installation instructions for wiring exactly this time. He said he installs a lot of audio equipment and for that the red wire is always the ACC while the yellow wire is Battery.. (hhhmmm). in any case my camera is working great with parking mode working now.
The red wire should be permanently powered by the batteries and yellow attached to the ACC, or do I knit? I'm so involved and everything works well. In addition to the image quality of both cameras - I'm slightly disappointed.