Better microphone for Git2?

Nicnacnoodle

I'm very happy with the Git2 but would like better audio quality when using the mic inside of my motorcycle helmet.

From what I have read, choice of mic is dependent on the impedance so I want to know what impedance mics I should be looking for. Can anybody please tell me this specification?

Nicnacnoodle

Thanks for the reply. I should have said that I have that microphone, but feel that audio could be a little better with a better mic.

Nicnacnoodle

Having done a search of the forum, it appears that others have asked similar questions. I wonder if the Gitup people could tell us clearly if any other microphone works with the Git2 other than the one that they supply. It would be a great pity if we are limited to the rather ordinary quality of audio provided by the the Gitup mic. Nobody wants to spend money buying mics just to see if they may work.

tryagain

Administrator
Website
www.facebook.com
Having done a search of the forum, it appears that others have asked similar questions. I wonder if the Gitup people could tell us clearly if any other microphone works with the Git2 other than the one that they supply. It would be a great pity if we are limited to the rather ordinary quality of audio provided by the the Gitup mic. Nobody wants to spend money buying mics just to see if they may work.
Hi, Most Mic could be used on Git2, and those that compatible with HERO 4 can also be used for Git2.

Nicnacnoodle

Yes, but which ones will work optimally, and therefore be better than the Gitup mic? There is at least one other thread where somebody cannot get a Sony ECM CS3 to work with their Git Pro camera.
It is too expensive to buy mics at 20 pounds and more, in the hope that they could work.

Nicnacnoodle

From my research, it looks as though we need a different type of microphone for use inside of a motorcycle helmet, where wind noise is an issue. The Lavalier type won't suffice.