Bluetooth Remote Control

Cydeen

Hi,

Just paired a bluetooth remote control to VIOFO 129 Duo. When press a remote control button, the camera did not response immediately. It takes about 10 second to response. Is it normal?

TQ

Capture Your Action

Pairing may take about 10 seconds, but it should not take 10 seconds to lock a photo after the initial pairing.

Cydeen

Pairing may take about 10 seconds, but it should not take 10 seconds to lock a photo after the initial pairing.
But it does. By the time of photo taken, the actual moment that we want to capture passed already. By right it should capture on the spot.

Capture Your Action

Are you just giving it a quick press or are you pressing and holding the button. Pressing and holding it will just re-pair it to the camera. Just give a quick press.

Cydeen

Quick press. Like snap on normal camera. For you info, I'm also using Ddpai x2 pro on my other car. Snapping photo taken immediately. No delay at all.

Capture Your Action

Try reloading the firmware. Then manually default the cameras setting from the menu. Then press the reset button on the side of the camera. Do this in this order.

Hard Taco

Quick question, does pushing the remote button take a picture, lock the current video or both?

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Quick question, does pushing the remote button take a picture, lock the current video or both?
Hello,

When you pressed on the remote, the image and video clip can be saved and locked at the same time.

Capture Your Action

Do you mean it only records a video? Did you try to update the firmware and pair it to the dashcam again?
Yeah, I've had many times where it only saves the video. I've been on most firmware versions at some point, but certainly didn't test each version for this particular issue (it wasn't a big issue for me). I haven't tested it with my newer A129 Plus DUO setup, so I'll try to do that in the next few days.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I've had many times where it only saves the video. I've been on most firmware versions at some point, but certainly didn't test each version for this particular issue (it wasn't a big issue for me). I haven't tested it with my newer A129 Plus DUO setup, so I'll try to do that in the next few days.
Okay, looking forward to your test result!

Capture Your Action

Okay, looking forward to your test result!
Happy to report that I pressed the bluetooth button 4 times today (random times) and it save all 8 photos and 8 videos files (4 for front camera and 4 for the rear). Again, this is a A129 Plus DUO on V1.4. I'll check the regular A129 DUO in my wife's car when I get a chance.

viofo

Administrator
Staff member
Happy to report that I pressed the bluetooth button 4 times today (random times) and it save all 8 photos and 8 videos files (4 for front camera and 4 for the rear). Again, this is a A129 Plus DUO on V1.4. I'll check the regular A129 DUO in my wife's car when I get a chance.
Glad to hear that! Hope A129 DUO works well!