external battery 5v 2.4a can use?

choijaewuk

on riding i want to use g3 with 5v 2.4a external battery charger
can use? any damage or threat on g3?
i want to use this model AUKEY 5000

Mesa9

Shouldn't be a problem with skeleton case or sawing a side opening in the original case. I can't recommend the bare camera for any kind of action sport.

As I understand it, the G3 can be used as a dashcam so this would involve long-term external power.

This gives me an idea. Using Quick Capture the cam will run all day on a battery. But anything that requires remote monitoring for aiming, like a boom, only lasts about 2 hrs. Instead of buying more batteries I may just use my USB power bank. Thanks.

choijaewuk

i agree with you opinion but the main question is that AUKEY 5000 can be used for g3. i already buy this model .
after i get the g3 camera and read the manual about charging the battery part .
note
Note: Using wall chargers marked: output 5V 1A. If you don’t know the
voltage and current of your charger, use the included USB cable to
charge the camera from your computer or a power bank.

this mean that i should use the included usb cable to any use bank such as AUKEY 5000 5v 2.4a model?

Mesa9

Ah, I see your point. I just re-read the manual and I would NOT use a 2.4 Amp charger... which I have been doing!

Thank you!

Mesa9

i agree with you opinion but the main question is that AUKEY 5000 can be used for g3. i already buy this model .
It looks like the Aukey only has a 2 amp output, which is too high for the G3.

I don't think any USB cable will reduce the amperage.

My WinPlus jump pack (from Costco) has both 2.4 and 1.0 amp outputs. But it is much larger than the Aukey.

choijaewuk

It looks like the Aukey only has a 2 amp output, which is too high for the G3.

I don't think any USB cable will reduce the amperage.

My WinPlus jump pack (from Costco) has both 2.4 and 1.0 amp outputs. But it is much larger than the Aukey.
hi i refund aukey model .
another product Allpower 3400 model is 5V1A..?right?output 5V1A ..?

Alistair Parsons

With battery pack Am output, its always maximum draw,

if you have a device that only needs 0.5A, then it will only draw 0.5A and charge slowly
If you have a device that NEEDS 1A or 2A to charge , then a battery pack that provides 1A or 2A will be able to charge it but a pack that only does 0.5A wont very well.
Same goes for cigarette lighter 12V chargers

I use a 2A battery pack all the time.
Aukey is a good brand....

Alistair Parsons

Thats right, current rating is maximum draw, think of it like bridge height clearence. its the maximum that can go through, so for tablets and similar that want a high current to charge correctly, 0.5A power banks may not be enough.

High voltage is where you could have a problem..

a 2A power bank means theoretically you could charge 4 Git3s at once using a usb hub...