Gitup Android App not working on Android 9 - Samsung Galaxy Note 9

dineshkumardora

Hello Gitup team,
I had recently updated my Gitup app to v1.7 on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 9 - Android 9) and its not able to connect to camera over wifi.
Whenever iam opening the app, its asking me to connect to the camera -> then after i select the Gitup WiFi Network and pressing back it again comes to the homescreen
-> again asks me to connect to camera...And the same process goes on and on and on in cycle.

I tested the app v1.6 on Android 7.1.1 on my OnePlus one and there it seems to connect to camera. The app v1.7 still didn't work for me in android 7.1.1 though.
Please look into this and provide an app update at the earliest, as i am unable to use the WiFi feature.

No VPN is enabled on my phone, no mobile data. I am using Gitup Git 3 duo camera with latest firmware.

PLEASE FIX IT.
thanks

Alistair Parsons

connect to cameras wifi directly, outside of app and browse to 192.168.1.254 to test, then open app

dineshkumardora

tried...i am able to connect to wifi and browse to 192.168.1.254.. but the app still behaves in the same manner in loop. :(

jika

i have the same problem on Huawei P20 Pro, A9 . Tomorrow I have to go to the mountains and the camera through the app does not work.
how do i get back to version 1.6 ??
and how to connect to cameras wifi directly, outside of app and browse to 192.168.1.254 ??
thank you

Alistair Parsons

have the same problem on Huawei P20 Pro, A9 . Tomorrow I have to go to the mountains and the camera through the app does not work.
how do i get back to version 1.6 ??
and how to connect to cameras wifi directly, outside of app and browse to 192.168.1.254 ??
thank you
go in to your wifi settings and connect to gitup as a normal access point, then browse by going to http://192.168.1.254 in a web browser like chrome

jika

I am sorry to have this choice, or I do not know where to look for it. In wifi gitup setup I can not choose anything.

dineshkumardora

Hello Gitup team,
I am currently very very disappointed by my purchase of Git 3 duo camera. As a motovlogger already 2 of the major functionality are of no use i.e. 1) Ext MIC issue 2) And now the Gitup app is not working so, this makes it completely impossible for me to adjust the camera angle after fixing this on my helmet.

As a company, tell me what am i suppose to do with this camera, if i cant use it. Neither it records the voice properly through ext mic NOR it lets me adjust the camera angle through Wifi using the Gitup app.

Please provide a fix at the earliest. Currently its sitting as a paper weight on my desk as i cant use it. If this continues like this then i am sure that neither me nor my youtube subscribers will ever buy this camera.

Thanks for the response anyways.

Alistair Parsons

as a fix
its possible this app may work in mean time

Also if its just previewing, you can add the camera to tinycam which views IP cams

dineshkumardora

as a fix
its possible this app may work in mean time

Also if its just previewing, you can add the camera to tinycam which views IP cams
Oh thanks... :) i will try both the apps and let you know about the outcome. Thanks a lot again... But still , Gitup team you need to work on this issue.

Alistair Parsons

chinese new year has only just finished and most things closed for 2 weeks so i expect they are dealing with a huge backlog...